News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chia Pedal

Started by EBK, February 24, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

For better or worse, here is the present state of things:

The leaves still haven't opened up.  My brother suggests more sun.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

This is getting pretty dang rad if you ask me.

Of course, now we'll need a medicinal marijuana pedal.

EBK

Quote from: madbean on February 28, 2019, 03:43:39 PM
Of course, now we'll need a medicinal marijuana pedal.
I feel that such a creation should look as much like this as possible:
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

alanp

Quote from: EBK on February 28, 2019, 10:52:56 AM
On the topic of rolling capacitor crazy, I've made capacitors out of aluminum flashing and an engineering textbook somewhat recently (a single page of the textbook was my dielectric).  Started to venture into making a capacitor out of a mylar birthday balloon, but got distracted by other projects (like this one).  ;D

Bucket of salt water, glass cocacola bottles inside, salt water in them. Wire to the bucket-water, wire to the inside-bottles-water.

I had it attached to a jacob's ladder setup (15kV.) Didn't notice any difference :(
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

In college, I saw a homemade Tesla coil with a cap made from a Champagne bottle filled with oil, wrapped in foil, with a giant nail in the top.

EBK

Signs of hope this morning.  I've been leaving a light on overnight.

madbean

My gods - they are self-aware!

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Yahoo67

Quote from: pickdropper on March 01, 2019, 05:07:41 AM
Quote from: madbean on March 01, 2019, 04:45:27 AM
My gods - they are self-aware!

Uh oh.

Feeeeeeeeed me seymour !!!! xD maybe its time to feed it a bit of blood ?^^

nzCdog

EBK

A couple more pics from today.  There are a few areas that look less lively, but overall, I am still cautiously hopeful that this will be successful.

EBK

EBK

Leevibe

mjg

Awww yesss!  That is looking real nice now.