News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SW Episode IX

Started by Leevibe, April 12, 2019, 10:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Haters gonna hate, yawners gonna yawn. I don't care. I can't not get excited about a new StarWars movie.

jjjimi84

I am with you! Trailer looks great, the palpatine laugh at the end is super cool. I am in for opening day.

dan.schumaker

Looks cool to me.  Even if it looked bad, I am still going to see it...

somnif

jimilee

Quote from: somnif on April 12, 2019, 10:52:43 AM
Lando!
That's what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

I'm moving overseas before then. I better be able to see it in English before the internet ruins it.

Loved Solo by the way. Not so much Last Jedi though

Aentons

lameoid... sorry, TLJ was the by far worst one and and I don't see this one being any better

...of coarse I am still going to see it

matmosphere

Quote from: Aentons on April 12, 2019, 04:22:28 PM
lameoid... sorry, TLJ was the by far worst one and and I don't see this one being any better

...of coarse I am still going to see it

I think Disney got the message that people didn't like it loud and clear. Otherwise I don't think they'd have brought JJ Abrams back in.

I think they intentionally let Solo take the heat so they could save face a bit. It was already damaged goods because they fired the director half way through. People didn't even go see it, yet it's viewed as the turning point!?

I'm hoping this one will be something of a return to form.

Disney has done a good job keeping the Marvel movies pretty consistent, they feel like they go together. But Last Jedi is WAY different than Force Awakens and they're part of the same story.

juansolo

It's literally jumped the tie fighter now...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

matmosphere

diablochris6

Jumping TIE fighters isn't any more ridiculous than some of the Jedi moves used in the prequel trilogy.

I'm not blind to any of the flaws of any of the movies, but I've enjoyed all the films to a point (understandably, the prequels are much harder to enjoy...I think I only saw Revenge of the Sith once). Fans are picky. "We want more! We want something new! Maybe not too new. We'll complain if it's too much like the old stuff though." I liked Rogue One and Solo. Force Awakens was fun. Last Jedi was not as fun but add some texture and depth to a series about space wizards and laser guns.

I'm looking forward to this. I dig the visuals that Abrams goes for, like the Death Star remains (it must have killed so many Ewoks with its collision). I'm not sure how Palpatine plays into this; that will be interesting.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

juansolo

My views on the films are well documented in the movie reviews thread. I have a lot of investment in Star Wars (my user name should be a hint at that...). It was the first film I was taken to see at the cinema as a kid. The original trilogy is not perfect by a long way, the Ewoks being the JarJar of the first set of films. Those apart, it's a solid set of films. The only later film that I feel actually manages to complement those films is Rogue One. Which again, isn't perfect, but it fits and works.

ALL the other films just don't. Lucas trying to over-explain things in the prequels just de-mystifed the greatest villain of all time, introduced the only new interesting character in Maul and instantly threw him away. Bad acting, bad script and Jar Jar just compounded things.

The Force Awakens was just another Hollywood reboot. It was the original trilogy with new characters. It was entertaining. It had some merit (Kylo Ren mostly being by far the most interesting character in the modern films), and I totally understand why they did it. It wasn't made for me, it was made for a new audience. I accept TFA, and I have no great issues with it...

...until the dark times, until The Last Jedi. By far the most bizarre entry in the series. It's like they set out to pervert all that went before it, and add really awkward comedy. I have no clue what they were thinking. It's abysmal. Though not as bad as Alien Covenant...

The new one does not fill me with hope. TLJ was the final straw. It's why I haven't seen Solo and I suspect many others haven't also. It might be great. There just comes a point where a trailer looking cool doesn't work any more.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

matmosphere

Quote from: diablochris6 on April 13, 2019, 07:32:11 AM
Jumping TIE fighters isn't any more ridiculous than some of the Jedi moves used in the prequel trilogy.

I'm not blind to any of the flaws of any of the movies, but I've enjoyed all the films to a point (understandably, the prequels are much harder to enjoy...I think I only saw Revenge of the Sith once). Fans are picky. "We want more! We want something new! Maybe not too new. We'll complain if it's too much like the old stuff though." I liked Rogue One and Solo. Force Awakens was fun. Last Jedi was not as fun but add some texture and depth to a series about space wizards and laser guns.

I'm looking forward to this. I dig the visuals that Abrams goes for, like the Death Star remains (it must have killed so many Ewoks with its collision). I'm not sure how Palpatine plays into this; that will be interesting.

Wasn't endor a forest moon of something? Maybe they are on the main planet. The stuff in the trailer doesn't look like endor. And as Juan mentioned no one wants to see ewoks  again (although they've never bugged me because I saw it when I was 5)

I know the prequels aren't great, but at least Lucas was trying something different. Totally agree that Maul being thrown away was the wrong call completely. It almost pains me to say it but he was a better villain than Christopher Lee was in those movies

somnif

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 13, 2019, 02:28:02 PM
Wasn't endor a forest moon of something? Maybe they are on the main planet. The stuff in the trailer doesn't look like endor. And as Juan mentioned no one wants to see ewoks  again (although they've never bugged me because I saw it when I was 5)

I know the prequels aren't great, but at least Lucas was trying something different. Totally agree that Maul being thrown away was the wrong call completely. It almost pains me to say it but he was a better villain than Christopher Lee was in those movies

It was the "forest moon of" Endor. The Ewoks lived on a moon that orbited the planet of Endor.

Govmnt_Lacky

My biggest problems with TLJ:

- What a waste of time with Rey going down into the hole on the island and seeing the mirrors of herself! Ripoff of Luke's experience in the swamps with him inside Vader's role
- WTH was with Leah floating through space??!! So, the force is able to make you a spaceman too??
- Snoke being so easily fooled and killed?? A master of the force cannot see that someone is hiding something? Really??

These 3 things in particular ruined that movie for me  :-\