News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Packing in

Started by juansolo, June 06, 2019, 12:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

someone care to explain?
I'm sorry, if this is obvious, but I don't get it. could be a play of words or similar that does not work for non-native speakers?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

somnif

Quote from: m-Kresol on July 01, 2019, 09:06:22 PM
someone care to explain?
I'm sorry, if this is obvious, but I don't get it. could be a play of words or similar that does not work for non-native speakers?

Juan-song sounds like "swan song", a term for a  performers last performance before retirement (Comes from an old legend that swans were mute until just before they died. They're not, by the way, they goose honk all the time)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swan_song

Leevibe

Quote from: m-Kresol on July 01, 2019, 09:06:22 PM
someone care to explain?

Sorry Felix. It's a play on "swan song." It's kind of a metaphorical final act. Just popped into my head.

EBK

Edit: Looks like I'm the last of this triple simul-post, so I'll just bow out.   ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

Latest Project. Advertised as a 'loft find'. Let the repair/restoration commence. If this one ends up nice, I'll RGB mod it and do some shuffling with the UAV (S-Video) board that's in the Junior, and put that in the 7800, then just composite mod the Jr.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Quote from: juansolo on July 05, 2019, 02:56:21 PM
Latest Project. Advertised as a 'loft find'. Let the repair/restoration commence. If this one ends up nice, I'll RGB mod it and do some shuffling with the UAV (S-Video) board that's in the Junior, and put that in the 7800, then just composite mod the Jr.
Woohoo! Nice find. I found a classic Atari with 100 games built in. We love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

This was the thing that it seemed like every one in the universe had but me. It put me on a downward spiral of always sucking at video games. Oh well. Sweet score. That brings back lots of '80s memories.

selfdestroyer

Nice 6-switcher! I had terrible luck at yard sales last weekend.

EBK

I'm hoping I'm not the only person who owns a copy of Journey Escape for the Atari 2600.   ;D

I probably own seven copies of E.T., but we can talk about that another day.   :P
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Ebk I knew I liked you. I believe there might be a copy of the journey game at my brothers.

We collected some choice games a few years back.

selfdestroyer

I'm with you guys.. I probably have a few dups myself. Over the years I would pick up lots of 2600 & 5200 games at yard sales and storage clean ups. Every few years I would go through them all and keep the better of the dups and give the others to friends.. or foes if its 5200 games. LOL

jubal81

Quote from: EBK on July 05, 2019, 11:07:50 PM
I'm hoping I'm not the only person who owns a copy of Journey Escape for the Atari 2600.   ;D

I probably own seven copies of E.T., but we can talk about that another day.   :P

Man, I played the hell out of Journey Escape. No one else ever seems to have heard of it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on July 06, 2019, 01:15:35 AM
Quote from: EBK on July 05, 2019, 11:07:50 PM

Man, I played the hell out of Journey Escape. No one else ever seems to have heard of it.

If I find out any of my friends haven't heard of the Journey Escape game, we go our separate ways.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

atreidesheir

I still remember the tv commercial for the game.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman