Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Packing in

Started by juansolo, June 06, 2019, 12:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

BUT......

Does anyone remember playing THIS?

Used to play the HELL out of this game!!

matmosphere

Please tell me that's your basement

Govmnt_Lacky

Bret608

Journey Escape, right? I totally remember playing this, at least the Atari 2600-compatible version.  :) My sister and I were strangely into the idea of it for some reason.

Willybomb

Coming back to the topic.  I've got a couple of large orders coming in from tayda et al in order to finish off a bunch of pcb and vero I have lying around.  After that, I think I'm finishing up.  It still won't be for a while because there's so much to complete and decide on what's getting boxed, but I just don't see myself building much more.

Muadzin

Quote from: Willybomb on July 08, 2019, 01:56:36 PM
Coming back to the topic.  I've got a couple of large orders coming in from tayda et al in order to finish off a bunch of pcb and vero I have lying around.  After that, I think I'm finishing up.  It still won't be for a while because there's so much to complete and decide on what's getting boxed, but I just don't see myself building much more.

At some point you have to say to yourself I got more then enough pedals, time to do something else.

jimilee

Quote from: Muadzin on July 09, 2019, 08:36:23 AM

At some point you have to say to yourself I got more then enough pedals, time to do something else.
I agree. I just moved and I have boxes and boxes and boxes for days of pedals. I'm not real sure what to do with them. Buying and selling on this forum seems to have slowed down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

This is one reason I moved to modulars.

You can't really use fifty pedals at once. But you can use fifty modules at once.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

Quote from: jimilee on July 09, 2019, 01:44:32 PM

I agree. I just moved and I have boxes and boxes and boxes for days of pedals. I'm not real sure what to do with them. Buying and selling on this forum seems to have slowed down.

Jimi is there anything in particular you wanna sell? Pm me

peAk

Quote from: alanp on July 09, 2019, 02:07:22 PM

You can't really use fifty pedals at once. But you can use fifty modules at once.

So true, so true

jimilee

Quote from: Matmosphere on July 09, 2019, 04:14:45 PM

I'll have a look this evening.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

Quote from: alanp on July 09, 2019, 02:07:22 PM

Somewhere someone is saying "Challenge accepted."

alanp

Well, except for "art" pieces, that new guitarist for the RHCP, and people setting out to prove something.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

Quote from: alanp on July 09, 2019, 10:34:29 PM
Well, except for "art" pieces, that new guitarist for the RHCP, and people setting out to prove something.

I honestly think art is the best reason to keep building. I think Dave mentioned it earlier.

If I was into playing keys I can imagine getting into building 500 rack stuff. I still like the idea of building one of the MFOS modulars even though there's so much wiring. Something about that form factor looks like fun to me.

jimilee

Quote from: jimilee on July 09, 2019, 05:11:23 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on July 09, 2019, 04:14:45 PM

I'll have a look this evening.

Well dammit, I can't find anything I want to part with. After my last pedal purge, I rebuilt the ones that I want. I will dig through all of my PCBs and sell them off. Look for another thread soon.