News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New on the to-watch list

Started by Leevibe, July 19, 2019, 11:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

alanp

... you can't just rewatch the original?

I don't really get this remake fetish that hollywood has had lately.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

Quote from: alanp on July 19, 2019, 02:41:10 PM
I don't really get this remake fetish that hollywood has had lately.
I think it is driven by kids not getting the awesome catch phrases their parents are using.

"I feel the need...."

C'mon, nothing?  ::) :P

Have you seen the trailer for "Cats", by the way?  That's some frightening shit!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Bio77

I'm interested, but only if the plot is centered on Maverick hiring the Ghostbusters to remove the ghost of Goose from his plane.  80s mash up, come on Hollywood!

benny_profane

Oh sick they're remaking that volleyball movie?

alanp

Maybe if they remake Plan 9 From Outer Space, it will actually be good this time around? :D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Axldeziak

It's 30 years later, and Maverick is now flying rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong. It's a Fedex flight. Tom Hanks enters the cockpit...

Leevibe

I think planes are cool. I think good audio is cool. I am interested in this movie mainly for the sound and visuals. I realize that makes me uncivilized, uncultured, etc.

The remake fetish is simple enough to understand. Remakes remake lots of money. I know that but I also know I want to watch this movie.

davent

I haven't seen the first one... but i guess that goes for most of what Hollywood's put out in the last three, four decades.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

EBK

Quote from: Leevibe on July 19, 2019, 05:20:19 PM
I think planes are cool. I think good audio is cool. I am interested in this movie mainly for the sound and visuals. I realize that makes me uncivilized, uncultured, etc.

The remake fetish is simple enough to understand. Remakes remake lots of money. I know that but I also know I want to watch this movie.
Sounds like good thinking to me.  I disagree with the uncivilized and uncultured assessment.  I'll definitely watch this when it hits Netflix, despite my joking about remakes.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

skyled

Seems the Navy is down on their recruitment numbers and needed a new flick to drive them back up. I guess that song by the Village People isn't working so well anymore...

somnif

Quote from: skyled on July 20, 2019, 10:40:29 AM
Seems the Navy is down on their recruitment numbers and needed a new flick to drive them back up. I guess that song by the Village People isn't working so well anymore...

Yvan eht nioj!

In other news, the trailer for the upcoming Watchmen sequel (the comic, not the movie) series dropped today and it looks pretty spiffy.

Bonus points appropriate use of Bowie.