News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bad Head (Doombutter)

Started by mcallisterra, August 16, 2019, 11:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcallisterra

I built a Doombutter (Mid-Fi Clarinot) a few years back but didn't really put any effort into the enclosure. I found it tough remembering what the controls did without labels so I sold it and decided to build another with an etched enclosure this time. Both times I used Haberdasher's awesome etch of the Doombutter (thanks Keefe!).

I went with a worn-out looking etch to match the vibe of the circuit.

Such a fun circuit, and very musical and usable at the less-than-crazy settings!

Leevibe

Beautiful job!! I really love this inside and out.

mcallisterra

Quote from: Leevibe on August 16, 2019, 02:01:12 PM
Beautiful job!! I really love this inside and out.
Thanks!

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

mcallisterra

Quote from: pickdropper on August 16, 2019, 05:25:35 PM
Man, that etch is nice.
Appreciate it! I'm kinda glad the circuit fit a worn look, because if I'm honest I didn't have to try hard to get it. Good job I wasn't going for a pristine one here! [emoji51]

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Hexjibber

That's a cool etch, the distressed look is great! Really like the design and layout you've used, winner all round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcallisterra

Quote from: Hexjibber on August 16, 2019, 11:18:59 PM
That's a cool etch, the distressed look is great! Really like the design and layout you've used, winner all round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'm glad it's a circuit that kinda fits the distressed look because it was not a very successful etch. The reverse ones are hard since the reaction gets out of control so fast from a temperature standpoint!