News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ammo Box As A Stomp Box?

Started by Axldeziak, November 14, 2019, 01:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axldeziak

I've got a few empty 100 round .22 boxes I use for spare fiddly bits. Comparing it to a 1590a it's about the same height, roughly half again as long, and about 1/8" wider.
I know it's plastic but has anyone tried housing a pedal inside one before? I keep thinking about it every time I see 'em.

mjg

My very first pedal was in a plastic box, and it is awesome at picking up the local radio stations. 

If you do use it, maybe put some copper tape on the inside as shielding?

Axldeziak

I considered that or maybe mixing up some graphite conductive paint. Oddly enough, I've made wooden pedals that didn't need shielding. Maybe it depends on the circuit used.

matmosphere

I've made pedals in plastic boxes that were fine, I think a big part of it is just making sure everything is grounded properly

alanp

The Grendel Drone Commander was built into an ammo box, and is quite sought after.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

thesmokingman

I had plans to put a Sagan delay into either the .223 or .50 cal surplus ammo can as an amp top effect ... I need to revisit that idea
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

287m

Quote from: mjg on November 14, 2019, 01:41:52 PM
My very first pedal was in a plastic box, and it is awesome at picking up the local radio stations. 

If you do use it, maybe put some copper tape on the inside as shielding?

+1
Stil do housing circuit in plastic box and sometimes wood. No need to shield all inside, just input jack and star grounding that, fine.