News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

AT AT - Dual channel turnabout/crunchbox

Started by Willybomb, November 27, 2019, 05:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, here's AT AT, a dual channel crunchbox with the Turnabout/@ mods (get it? @ @?).

Ok, so it started off with the Turnabout vero on the Tagboard page, but it didn't sound like a crunchbox at all.  It was pretty weak, and after a bunch of measuring and mucking around I decided to mod a crunchbox to @ specs more or less.

The per channel selectable clipping worked, but it defied the laws of physics made my red/green LED change colour under certain settings.  Basically, if both channels were set to 2n7000 clipping, the LED would flip to red - even when that lead wasn't physically connected to ground.  I was using the LED poles on the 4pdt for the clipping switch selection as they both just go to ground, right?  Anyway, I decided to just have one clipping switch and repurposed the hole in the already drilled and finished enclosure for a capacitor value selector as the CB is 2.2u and the @ is 1u.  Possible values are 1u, 1.47u, and 2u.

The bezels are hotglued in as the nuts are covering a misprint on the label - I'd printed the label up at the shop but I'd forgotten that I'd adjusted the template at the drill press.  Couldn't find washers to fit the bezel.

Anyway, it does what it says now.  It's a Crunchbox with Bat41, LED, or 2n7000 clipping, two channels, capacitor selection, and an external presence control.

Aleph Null