News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Choral Reef boo boo

Started by chongmagic, December 08, 2019, 09:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chongmagic

So I didn't reach the switching schematic correctly and put the C6 cap into the C5 spot. The pedal works and all the voltages are within spec of the build guide. I used the soldered in jacks with the switching board so removing C5 is going to be a pain at this point. My question is as the pedal works as is, is it bad to leave it as is or should I remove C5? And can I just put in C6 as per the build guide with leaving C5 in place since there is no charge pump in this build?

Build pics for reference.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KuqTmfhKpk2EuEw79

benny_profane

C5 isn't connected to anything without the charge pump. You're fine to leave that in and install C6.

chongmagic

That is what I figured but wanted to make sure. I'll be sure to read the schematic more carefully next time. Thanks Benny.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

benny_profane

Quote from: chongmagic on December 08, 2019, 10:01:58 AM
That is what I figured but wanted to make sure. I'll be sure to read the schematic more carefully next time. Thanks Benny.

No problem. On the upside, that build has the oddest of requirements with the switching board. All the others are rather straightforward.

chongmagic

Yeah this is my fourth VFE build and I am still no expert on reading schematics it seems lol.

chongmagic

One last question, will it make a difference in the sou d of the effect?

benny_profane

Quote from: chongmagic on December 08, 2019, 11:52:44 AM
One last question, will it make a difference in the sou d of the effect?

It will provide a more stable bias to the TLE2074 and reduce power/switching noise. That's the only decoupling cap on that rail.