News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

whole lot of builds

Started by Thewintersoldier, December 14, 2019, 05:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

The past couple months have been crazy. in August I had carpal tunnel surgery. Kids started school in September and my dog got cancer and passed away at the end of September. to cope with the loss of my best friend I dove into building the past couple months to deal with it and keep my mind off things. Work has been crazy, the holidays and family and a road trip thrown in, I finished up a load of builds that were tested but not boxed. This week I drilled all the boxes, painted them, labeled, and wired up all the off board stuff so I'm doing a big group shot. not included in the Aquaboy deluxe and Dod 440 I did separate build reports on. Included is an Aion Rat, Fuzzdog harmonic percolator, fuzzdog phase 45, madbean octavia, guitarpcb small clone chorus, pedal pcb ghost echo reverb, Aion mastotron, 1776 rub-a-dub deluxe and lectric effects bad stone phaser.

Also in the second picture is a photobomb of our road trip cause. We have a npd (new puppy day) and he likes to chill in his crate while I build. I'll do a separate post on that later. next up is a naughty fish that will probably be my last build of the year.
Who the hell is Bucky?

dawson

Super neat work, tasteful color choices, they look incredibly nice together as a set- thanks for sharing!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Bio77

That's quite a collection, they look great! 

cooder

Great builds, cute puppy too! Glad you found a new four legged friend with all the hardship thrown at you recently!
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

+1 for the stark industries sticker
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on December 15, 2019, 12:53:36 PM
I've built 4 phasers already, i have two i'm waiting on parts (mutron phasor II and eqd grand orbiter) for and i'm planning on the lectric countdown phaser. i'm coming for you Jimi!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on December 15, 2019, 04:03:01 PM
Quote from: jimilee on December 15, 2019, 12:53:36 PM
I've built 4 phasers already, i have two i'm waiting on parts (mutron phasor II and eqd grand orbiter) for and i'm planning on the lectric countdown phaser. i'm coming for you Jimi!
Oh you can try! You May catch up to me, I haven't seen anything new in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Hah, six phasers here, not including doubles (two doppelgangers, two infinitphases) and ones I haven't finished (DEFX Biphase). Edit -- seven, forgot the Tau Pipe module, eight if you include the 329 Aries Phase/Flange too.

Really nice builds, oldschool dymo labelling always adds class 8)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Thewintersoldier

I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the polyphase from Brian to drop. That will go to the front of the build line the minute it gets released.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on December 15, 2019, 10:58:31 PM
I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the polyphase from Brian to drop. That will go to the front of the build line the minute it gets released.
Oh yeah, I've been waiting since it was first mentioned. It looks like it will be a killer project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caedarn

Quote from: dawson on December 14, 2019, 11:20:57 AM
Super neat work, tasteful color choices, they look incredibly nice together as a set- thanks for sharing!

Agree - really like the enclosure colors.  Where did you get them - or did you paint them yourself?. NVM.  Missed you saying you painted them.  Nice job!

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: JoeR3155 on December 16, 2019, 06:41:22 PM
Quote from: dawson on December 14, 2019, 11:20:57 AM

Agree - really like the enclosure colors.  Where did you get them - or did you paint them yourself?. NVM.  Missed you saying you painted them.  Nice job!
It wouldn't be diy to me if I didn't paint it myself. Plus after so long you get those cool looking pedals with chips and scratches like all those vintage boxes
Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: alanp on December 15, 2019, 07:58:10 PM
Hah, six phasers here, not including doubles (two doppelgangers, two infinitphases) and ones I haven't finished (DEFX Biphase). Edit -- seven, forgot the Tau Pipe module, eight if you include the 329 Aries Phase/Flange too.

Really nice builds, oldschool dymo labelling always adds class 8)
Dymo for life. I don't have the patience and or skill to do some of the amazing stuff some of the talented people around here do. My stuff is like the nerdy girl with glasses. Outside might not be perfect but it sure is pretty on the inside.
Who the hell is Bucky?