News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2020 Giveaway boards

Started by madbean, December 19, 2019, 01:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I will continue to do the giveaway boards for 2020 and I'm going to try to put out one per quarter. I'd like your suggestions on what free projects you'd like to have. Here are the caveats:
- They need to be fit in a 1590A.
- I'd like to keep them "N00B" or "Cowboy" level (that pretty much goes hand in had with the first restriction anyway).

I have a Slow Gear one already done so that's a possibility. But I'm not married to it. Throw out your ideas!

jimilee

Slow gear sounds cool. P19 Fuzz...tiny phaser...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

You've been nailing it so far.  JHS Haunting Mids would be cool. Dan Armstrong Red Ranger. Maybe a coloursound-type fixed wah for Schenker cocked wah type stuff?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Betty Wont

Axis Fuzz, Fuzzrite, Demo Tape Fuzz, Magnavibe.

Tremster

The return of the fabulous Bacon Bits!
8Ball for 1590A
Dust Bunny (Mini Silicon Tonebender)
KMA Fuzzly Bear (great fuzz pedal, low parts count)

benny_profane

I agree that you've picked some great projects as giveaway boards so far. The envelope filter (and the potential Slow Gear) are cool non-dirt options. Maybe other (relatively) simple modulation projects to balance out dirt. A straightforward trem?

I will say that the fritter was a great choice: I probably wouldn't have tried that project otherwise, and it's been great to play.

All of that aside: a knob-less HM-2 with controls maxed (okay, maybe some trimpots).

Aentons

2-knob Bazz Fuss
parallel blender with pre-gain and clean-tone knobs
HPF / LPF crossover filter
noise gate

EBK

Have you done a cocked wah yet?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

benny_profane

Quote from: Aentons on December 19, 2019, 05:59:35 PM
2-knob Bazz Fuss
parallel blender with pre-gain and clean-tone knobs
HPF / LPF crossover filter
noise gate

+1 for utility pedals!!

somnif

On the Utility side of the equation, perhaps a simple tone generator circuit-test-helper sorta thing (I use a little white noise generator for this, but doesn't help so much for things like filters/tone sections as its very undefined noise)

Aentons

Quote from: somnif on December 19, 2019, 08:47:50 PM
On the Utility side of the equation, perhaps a simple tone generator circuit-test-helper sorta thing (I use a little white noise generator for this, but doesn't help so much for things like filters/tone sections as its very undefined noise)

There is an app for that! :)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keuwl.functiongenerator

Quote from: benny_profane on December 19, 2019, 03:26:28 PM
I agree that you've picked some great projects as giveaway boards so far. The envelope filter (and the potential Slow Gear) are cool non-dirt options. Maybe other (relatively) simple modulation projects to balance out dirt. A straightforward trem?

I will say that the fritter was a great choice: I probably wouldn't have tried that project otherwise, and it's been great to play.

All of that aside: a knob-less HM-2 with controls maxed (okay, maybe some trimpots).

+1 for slow gear and hm-2

How about an mxr blue box?

Bio77

A clean blend add-on for us bass players would be awesome

benny_profane

Quote from: Bio77 on December 19, 2019, 11:20:23 PM
A clean blend add-on for us bass player would be awesome

That'd be a welcome daughter board project for the shop that could be added à la carte to any project for sure.

benny_profane

An LM386 project like the noisy cricket could be cool as well. A break from pace a bit, but useful nonetheless. Maybe would have to be pared down for a 1590a enclosure.

Ben N

Varioboost. (That would be a challenge to get into an A, especially with the dual-gang pot).
ROG Mr. EQ or Tonemender.