Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Upcoming January releases and sale

Started by madbean, January 05, 2020, 07:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

Quote from: jimilee on February 21, 2020, 02:14:03 PM
Quote from: BrianS on February 21, 2020, 02:07:16 PM
I know you been doing your faceplates for a while but I never get tired of admiring them because they look so freaking good.  Wish I had a 32nd of your skills there.
When the purge happens, maybe some will have the faceplate. I got lucky on the last one.

I would be extremely honored to display one on my board.  Even if I couldn't get the pedal to work, LOL (which now days is more common than not).

jimilee

Quote from: BrianS on February 21, 2020, 04:35:04 PM
Quote from: jimilee on February 21, 2020, 02:14:03 PM
Quote from: BrianS on February 21, 2020, 02:07:16 PM
I know you been doing your faceplates for a while but I never get tired of admiring them because they look so freaking good.  Wish I had a 32nd of your skills there.
When the purge happens, maybe some will have the faceplate. I got lucky on the last one.

I would be extremely honored to display one on my board.  Even if I couldn't get the pedal to work, LOL (which now days is more common than not).
It happens in cycles I've found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dawson

Epic-looking projects-
I'm very excited to build my own!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

zgrav

Looks promising for some new demos to be posted soon.... ;D

Ben N

jimilee

Quote from: Ben N on February 25, 2020, 06:32:47 AM
Did I miss the sale?
No, that January sale will drop any day now.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Yahoo67

XD I am just imagining poor Brian filling up all the future orders of the sales thinking what the f**k did I just do -_-

jimilee

Quote from: Yahoo67 on February 25, 2020, 08:08:19 AM
XD I am just imagining poor Brian filling up all the future orders of the sales thinking what the f**k did I just do -_-
Bwahahahaha you can't stop us!

madbean

Last two done. I expect to shoot the demos tomorrow.

Ran into some problems with these builds. On my Rabbit Hole I had Q2-Q4 socketed while I was testing out my build and I left them in when I boxed it up. The enclosure lid came into contact with one of the transistors and shorted the output. So, I removed those sockets (word to the wise). Also, I had pulled an old 1590A bypass board out of my reject bin without checking it and the LED wasn't lighting up so I ended up putting in a little wire jumper to fix it.

On my Dust Bunny, I ended up having to re-build it as I desoldered one time too many and lost a couple of pads. No big deal, only took about 15 minutes. Anyway, I ended changing the Q2 bias resistor to 68k from 100k and then biasing Q3 to about 5v. Now I am really happy with it!

So, yeah, even I run into plenty of troubles now and again building. You just gotta keep at it and solve the problems.

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

Also, I finally got around to getting pre-programmed PICs for the Softie. I won't miss having to burn each chip.

jimilee

Those are awesome looking. Your style is really evolving, I like the looks.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on February 25, 2020, 05:23:53 PM

That is very kind of you to notice :) I feel like every 2 or 3 years I make a bit of a leap in design and execution. It just goes to show everyone can do better no matter what level one is at! Hopefully that does not come off as egotistic.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on February 25, 2020, 05:44:35 PM
Quote from: jimilee on February 25, 2020, 05:23:53 PM

That is very kind of you to notice :) I feel like every 2 or 3 years I make a bit of a leap in design and execution. It just goes to show everyone can do better no matter what level one is at! Hopefully that does not come off as egotistic.
No, not at all. I really like that you are still branching out.

Ben N

Quote from: madbean on February 25, 2020, 05:44:35 PM
Come on, you have to have some pride in your work to do stuff as focused, meticulous and creative as you do. Nothing wrong with that, or with raising the bar. (Although the challenge is kind of lost on me--someone whose idea of a pretty pedal is matching the color of my Dymo labels to the powdercoat.)