News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

WaveLord Tremolo

Started by dawson, January 11, 2020, 05:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawson

Here we have the Mad Bean WaveLord Tremolo:

This build came together quite nicely for a "noob/cowboy" like me- I'm impressed with the variety of waveforms and the tweakability available with the DIST. knob.

I've been messing around with these large 8mm diameter LED's and decided I'd wire LED 1, the bypass indicator, as a red 8mm, and LED 2, the pulse indicator, as two teal 3mm LED's mounted beneath the larger red one.  As you can see, in order to fit my fancy lights I had to turn the TAP footswitch 90* and under the PCB, which had to tilt a bit.  Anyhow, I couldn't get a great picture of the red LED but it looks really cool in person- it's switched OFF in the upper left photo and ON in the lower left.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

dan.schumaker

Looks awesome!  I like how you used the wave shapes on there, a good sneaky way to know what they are.

gordo

That's a great build!  Very crafty use of leds too, bet it looks pretty slick in action.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Caedarn

mjg

Very nicely done!  The enclosure graphics look great.

dawson

Thank for looking, guys!

Quote from: dan.schumaker on January 11, 2020, 05:52:42 PM
Looks awesome!  I like how you used the wave shapes on there, a good sneaky way to know what they are.

Yeah, usually I agonize for days over what/how the etch is going to look, but thanks to the key in the build document, these graphics pretty-much made themselves.

I DID make a mistake on the graphics.. the 6th waveform down on the right pulses 4 times between rests, but the graphic only shows 3, so keep that in mind if you too are building this project.

Great project from MadBean- very much looking forward to tap tempo phasers in a month or two!

simon

That looks great.  Is there a chance that you will post a sound clip?

dawson

Quote from: simon on January 28, 2020, 02:12:06 PM
That looks great.  Is there a chance that you will post a sound clip?

Hi, Simon, I won't be posting sound clips any time soon- I haven't got the knowhow/gear together quite yet, but thank you for your interest- it will help spur me in that direction.

selfdestroyer

Looks amazing! Great job

Love the artwork also.