News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sagan Delay v2.1

Started by chongmagic, January 13, 2020, 01:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chongmagic

I built the collaborative version of the Sagan Delay through Carcharias effects and DC6FX. I have to say this is one of the best delays I have ever used, the preamp is killer as well.

dawson

That looks SO COOL! Great choice of knobs/LED diffusers/switch caps

I'm not familiar with this project- what makes it the best?  ..other that its aesthetic?
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

chongmagic

It is a buffered effect with a nice preamp, really sounds great. And it really makes the delay and modulation stand out, just a super all around tape like delay.

diablochris6

Great job! It's good to see these out in the wild.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Invertiguy

Incredible work dude! I never realized these boards were available anywhere. Looks like I have another project to add to the pile...
Doomsday Devices

diablochris6

Yeah, I was waffling between setting up a group buy or starting a web store to not clutter the forum with my PCBs, but I got busy this year and shipping internationally wasn't as cheap anymore. I couldn't just pop them in an envelope for a few bucks. Eventually, Daniel at Carcharias reached out to me. Since he lives in Israel, we worked something out to where we tweaked the design and he sold the PCBs.

I guess I should probably still have some web presence besides the forum and Instagram. Maybe I'll throw a website up this year. Maybe.

chongmagic

Yeah I love this pedal so far man. You guys did a great job with this. I snagged your enclosure artwork, because it looks so cool with this pedal.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

MTK

Quote from: chongmagic on January 13, 2020, 10:42:37 PM
Yeah I love this pedal so far man. You guys did a great job with this. I snagged your enclosure artwork, because it looks so cool with this pedal.

That looks fantastic, man. Great work.

Quote from: diablochris6 on January 13, 2020, 06:24:58 PM
I guess I should probably still have some web presence besides the forum and Instagram. Maybe I'll throw a website up this year. Maybe.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned wanting one of these once you were finished tinkering with it. Looks like now is the time.

jimilee

Well that looks fantastic. Can they be had in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

chongmagic

Quote from: jimilee on January 14, 2020, 03:59:06 AM
Well that looks fantastic. Can they be had in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jimi you can find it here. https://www.carchariaseffects.com/product-page/dc6fx-sagan-delay-v2-1

diablochris6

Jimi and MTK, I'll shoot you a PM. I have a couple boards left.

Timko

Chris sent me one of these last month.  I've tackled the original Sagan Delay (complete with Reverb and Modulation), the Duelin Herbies (well, sort of; Chris and I are working through some problem I'm having), and the Tesseract.  I'm excited to pick this guy up at some point. Your build looks great!

chongmagic

Quote from: diablochris6 on January 13, 2020, 06:24:58 PM
Yeah, I was waffling between setting up a group buy or starting a web store to not clutter the forum with my PCBs, but I got busy this year and shipping internationally wasn't as cheap anymore. I couldn't just pop them in an envelope for a few bucks. Eventually, Daniel at Carcharias reached out to me. Since he lives in Israel, we worked something out to where we tweaked the design and he sold the PCBs.

Chris I have a question, I didn't have a TL062 on hand so I popped in another TL072 on the audio board. I did order a few TL062s, if I put this in place of the TL072 will there be any audible difference?

diablochris6

Nah, it should be all good. The TL062 is used for the LFO and not any audio signal. I've read that the TL062 consumes less current and could help with avoiding ticking. The 72 should be fine though.

chongmagic

Quote from: diablochris6 on January 14, 2020, 12:51:31 PM
Nah, it should be all good. The TL062 is used for the LFO and not any audio signal. I've read that the TL062 consumes less current and could help with avoiding ticking. The 72 should be fine though.

I am not hearing any ticking so all is good.