News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rustbucket!

Started by jimilee, January 19, 2020, 11:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This is my Rustbucket. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Went with kind of the same theme that many go with, just a different take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dawson

Nice work,
That's a good look for the circuit- seems to have turned out very shiny, how do you like the sounds?

Now..not to draw attention away from the positive, but you don't get a dc jack looking like that without a tale to tell!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

matmosphere

Love it, such a great effect! I really like your take on the artwork.

jimilee

Quote from: dawson on January 19, 2020, 01:00:14 PM
Nice work,
That's a good look for the circuit- seems to have turned out very shiny, how do you like the sounds?

Now..not to draw attention away from the positive, but you don't get a dc jack looking like that without a tale to tell!
Yeah, I had a tear out on the jack.  I don't have use if my drill press right now, and I didn't think to use a clamp to hold on to it.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Quote from: Matmosphere on January 19, 2020, 01:36:03 PM
Love it, such a great effect! I really like your take on the artwork.
Thank you.

Bio77

That graphic is cool, wish I's found it.  Build looks great!

dawson

Quote from: jimilee on January 19, 2020, 03:24:07 PM
Yeah, I had a tear out on the jack.  I don't have use if my drill press right now, and I didn't think to use a clamp to hold on to it.

Ah that's a bummer, I've totally done that before..with the wrist-twisting and the project flying across the room..your mileage may vary..but yeah, many times..
The upside, however, is that if anyone asks later, you can tell them something badass like you didn't have any bullets small enough that day.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

jimilee

Quote from: dawson on January 19, 2020, 04:06:58 PM
Quote from: jimilee on January 19, 2020, 03:24:07 PM

Ah that's a bummer, I've totally done that before..with the wrist-twisting and the project flying across the room..your mileage may vary..but yeah, many times..
The upside, however, is that if anyone asks later, you can tell them something badass like you didn't have any bullets small enough that day.
Bwahahahaha, I figured I'd get some JB weld or something I'd it came down to it. I broke a couple of drill bits  while using my drill press and that happened. It's kind of exciting. Especially if the enclosure catches your thumb on its way across the room.

Stomptown

Live the graphics Jimmilee! This reminds me that I need to buy an 18v adapter to see if all the ICs I replaced in mine actually did any good! Re: enclosures flying across the room: I haven't had that issue since I purchased a decent stepped drill bit.  It's a real game changer.  It makes hand drilling a breeze! Iirc I went with an Irwin and it's going strong after 2-3 years of abuse.

jimilee

Quote from: Stomptown on January 19, 2020, 09:40:43 PM
Live the graphics Jimmilee! This reminds me that I need to buy an 18v adapter to see if all the ICs I replaced in mine actually did any good! Re: enclosures flying across the room: I haven't had that issue since I purchased a decent stepped drill bit.  It's a real game changer.  It makes hand drilling a breeze! Iirc I went with an Irwin and it's going strong after 2-3 years of abuse.
No kidding? I bet you sooner have to change bits for the different holes too. How quickly do they wear out?

jimilee

Quote from: jimilee on January 20, 2020, 06:11:05 AM
No kidding? I bet you don't have have to change bits for the different holes too. How quickly do they wear out?

Stomptown

Quote from: jimilee on January 20, 2020, 06:11:05 AM
No kidding? I bet you sooner have to change bits for the different holes too. How quickly do they wear out?

One bit will cover everything in a pedal and I'm still waiting to see how long they take to wear out after 2-3 years.

Irwin Tools Unibit #1 1/8-Inch to 1/2-Inch Step-Drill Bit, 1/4-Inch Shank (10231) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004THYX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CAEjEb9AEY5XX