News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How about a Dr Boogie

Started by jimilee, February 05, 2020, 05:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I am going through my old PCBs and building them. This is a 4 year old at least board I got from Rej. It's a markov design etched by Rej I assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

MTK

Badass!! How do you like it? I've made a few of those (tagboard veros) and it was my goto distortion, I loved it. Until I built a Revv G4.

dawson

Awesome!

I know nothing of the HIGH GAIN GEAR world, so I really enjoy when things get posted here and I get to peek behind the curtain and learn a bit.
Seems like the Dr. Boogie and the Revv G4 are nailing all the sounds that the METAL ZONE is flaccidly aiming at-

Shred-on, gent's!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

jimilee

Quote from: MTK on February 06, 2020, 11:44:09 AM
Badass!! How do you like it? I've made a few of those (tagboard veros) and it was my goto distortion, I loved it. Until I built a Revv G4.
It's very crunchy for sure. I usually play a tele or a Les paul, and this things kills. I built a triple wreck also, I need to build another. The first one left...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

I've built a couple of Dr Boogies now.  Do you find it particularly noisy?

jimilee

Quote from: Willybomb on February 06, 2020, 04:06:48 PM
I've built a couple of Dr Boogies now.  Do you find it particularly noisy?
Yes, but high gains usually are. A noise gate will help tremendously in this situation.