News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Couple VFE builds

Started by DLW, February 06, 2020, 05:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLW

Dual VFE Blues King...it's a tight fit. I used BA282 and D9B diodes for this one. I like this double board format. I'll try to do dual Choral Reef (chorus) and/or Tractor Beam (Phaser) next.

I also tried out the Woodchipper from the VFE files pack. It's based on the Brassmaster. It uses a somewhat expensive (~$16) miniature transformer. This thing rips!

mjg

Nice!  The colours on the Blues King look fantastic.

jjjimi84

Awesome job! How did you do the blues king enclosure? Looks incredible

dan.schumaker

They look great!  I bet the Blues King sounds awesome, I love the dual board.

I've wanted to try the Woodchipper out for a while now, just haven't wanted to put down the money for the transformer  :D

jimilee

The blues king is badass, it was a tight fit indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DLW

Thanks, guys. The Blues King is a really nice circuit. You don't need unicorn tears diodes for it to work well, either.

The enclosure is just alcohol ink dabbed with saran wrap, clear sticky paper decal, and spray can clear coat. It works best, if the enclosure is sanded down to 600 grit first.

Re: Woodchipper - I was nervous about the transformer too. I had no idea if the parts on the silkscreen were accurate. It was a bit of a gamble, but it paid off. Rest assured that the silk screen is accurate to the best of my eyes and ears.

That reminds me. I should post on the thread tracking the various VFE DIY projects. We can mark the double switch board and Woodchipper as verified on that list now.

TGP39

Wow!  Both pedals look very professional.  I love the guts on both builds.  Superb job!
~Steve
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

nzCdog

Love the enclosure finishes

cooder

Most excellent inside out and yes it's fits for sure.... tight and snug!
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77