News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BBE (big beautiful enclosure) mbp and lectric content

Started by Thewintersoldier, February 16, 2020, 08:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

A trio of madbean builds: Current lover, aquaboy dlx, collosalus and a lectric bad stone. 

Who the hell is Bucky?

mjg

cooder

Epic builds, a lot of work in there! Very neat and tidy! How did it all come together, any issues calibrating or so?
How do you like the soundz?
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: mjg on February 16, 2020, 10:24:49 PM
Nice!  what colour is that M117 enclosure?
It's Rust-Oleum hammered copper, bad lighting in my kitchen made it look orange
Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on February 16, 2020, 11:24:31 PM
Epic builds, a lot of work in there! Very neat and tidy! How did it all come together, any issues calibrating or so?
How do you like the soundz?
my process is very meticulous. i organize my parts, prep my work surface. I put on whatever show i'm watching at the moment (happens to be the expanse right now). I print my build doc and start populating the board. I populate the board and trim the leads making sure I have all the right parts in the right places before I solder. Then I solder away. once the board is populated I add all the pots, switches and off board wires. Now testing on test rig. It works. Calibrate. Easy with the build docs from Brian and Lectric fx. I drill the enclosures, finish wiring jacks, switches and leds. now paint, and label enclosure. sounds:
117 flanger-I used to have an mxr flanger. this is what I remember it to be. nails that unchained sound of EVH.
Bad Stone-smoother and more reined than the small stone and other 4 stage ota phasers I have but not as lush as my mutron phasor 2  I built. very nice phasing none the less.
electric mistress-I used to have a hartman flanger that I loved but sold stupidly. I'm not a big pink flyod fan(flame suit on) but love me some andy summers. This is the flanger for me. Smooth, lush, less metallic than the mxr. very musical.
the auquaboy dlx. If you dont like a Dm-2 with added delay time and modulation then maybe you dont like guitar pedals. I have a regular aquaboy that I may just set to a nice slapback and leave it there cause this one is nice. I sold my carbon copy the minute this was in the test rig. the EQ of the repeats is perfect. I have a total recall I'm gonna put together in the next couple weeks and I'm gonna a/b with this one. never had a memory man.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Daaammn you are on it man. I thought I built a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dawson

^^I've watched through "The Expanse" while building too, but I found I had to play each episode twice if I was going to catch all the details (and populate all the right parts-) that show is so dense!

-Oh, and cool builds too dude- that textured paint looks really neat!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

m-Kresol

nice work! I really dig your logo with the "guardians of the analog".
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: dawson on February 17, 2020, 09:34:01 AM
^^I've watched through "The Expanse" while building too, but I found I had to play each episode twice if I was going to catch all the details (and populate all the right parts-) that show is so dense!

-Oh, and cool builds too dude- that textured paint looks really neat!
My wife hates how I can multi task. I can do like 4 different things at once and keep them strait. probably because I have to do it at work all day. Lot of stuff going on during surgery.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Its winter in Detroit, only 3 things to do: watch tv, build pedals/play guitar, make babies haha
Quote from: jimilee on February 17, 2020, 06:35:53 AM
Daaammn you are on it man. I thought I built a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

thanks, i went thru like 4 versions of logo before I came up with this one. I've only built 2 digital effects and both were reverbs.
Quote from: m-Kresol on February 17, 2020, 10:53:12 AM
nice work! I really dig your logo with the "guardians of the analog".
Who the hell is Bucky?

mjg

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 17, 2020, 12:29:13 PM
Its winter in Detroit, only 3 things to do: watch tv, build pedals/play guitar, make babies haha

Hopefully you don't try to multitask all of those things at once? 

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

Philthy

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 17, 2020, 05:57:29 AM
I populate the board and trim the leads making sure I have all the right parts in the right places before I solder. Then I solder away. once the board is populated I add all the pots, switches and off board wires.

Have often wondered about other peeps' workflow.  Can you explain this a bit more please? Do you bend leads to keep the components in place, then trim, then solder?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Philthy on February 17, 2020, 07:27:26 PM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 17, 2020, 05:57:29 AM
I populate the board and trim the leads making sure I have all the right parts in the right places before I solder. Then I solder away. once the board is populated I add all the pots, switches and off board wires.

Have often wondered about other peeps' workflow.  Can you explain this a bit more please? Do you bend leads to keep the components in place, then trim, then solder?
That's pretty much it. I just put all the components in then solder.
Here's a good example https://www.madbeanpedals.com/builds/reports/zpsdx/index.html
That's kinda how I do it.

This is how I like to organize my components before I build, makes it easier for me to stay organized and keep track of everything.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?