Author Topic: Flugelhorn Fuzz Demo Song  (Read 1816 times)

jjjimi84

• Electron Doctor
  • Dan
    • View Profile
Flugelhorn Fuzz Demo Song
« on: February 19, 2020, 03:12:35 PM »
I think I am starting to get the hang of this recording thing. I actually used a couple plugins and some mastering software, so it doesn't sound completely half assed.

The chords are c#m-A-E-A then c#m-A-E-E, super easy and just a fun little thing to noodle over. For the recording almost every guitar was my 20 year old strat into the fuzz into the front end of a Mesa Fillmore 50 on the clean channel mic'd with a shure sm57 off axis into a Neve style pre with a little bit of compression to keep from blowing out the interface.

The verse tracks feature also a tremolo pedal and the dirt baby for some slight slapback, and the chorus right rhythm has my sg with 90s to fill in the sound. The only time I adjust the pedal was for the solo where I turned the gain up from 10 o'clock to maybe 2 o'clock and when I used it on the bass track I turned it up and adjusted the eq.

The plugins I used were a little plate reverb on the left rhythm verse part and on the solo I put on a valhalla vintage verb and a memory man style delay.

A little back story, my son is providing some vocal parts. Last year my brother Patrick handed my son a microphone and encouraged him to say potty words and filmed it to send to me. I thought it was time to return the favor, my kid had a blast and will be a constant addition to all further recordings.

TO THE POO POO LAND!

cooder

• Electron Doctor
  • Stephan Nelson / New Zealand / Aotearoa
    • View Profile
Re: Flugelhorn Fuzz Demo Song
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 04:45:38 PM »
Excellent, thanks so much for sharing this! You got that nailed right in the bullseye!
Gives me a bit more of a push to get into recording which I have never done much of myself, really inspiring.
And yes, I need to box up my Fluegelhorn too... Nice! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

• Electron Doctor
  • Dan
    • View Profile
Re: Flugelhorn Fuzz Demo Song
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 05:46:34 AM »
Here is the video I made for it, so long ago.