News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Range master on Vero

Started by jimilee, February 27, 2020, 12:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This is the last of my rangemaster builds. I started it about the same type as the vyper, before I ordered the Madbean board. It's my least favorite sounding so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

what don't you like about it? I built a BYOC rangemaster as one of my first builds and love mine. I have experimented with various germanium transistor gains, but I think having the frequency toggle switch gives it more versatility with different guitars. What amp are you running thru? It looks good, I would rock it!
Who the hell is Bucky?

dawson

Too bad it doesn't sound as you'd like, but regardless of the circuit, that's a super neat hidden LED- I totally wouldn't know it's there without the gut-shot!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

jimilee

Quote from: dawson on February 27, 2020, 07:22:06 AM
Too bad it doesn't sound as you'd like, but regardless of the circuit, that's a super neat hidden LED- I totally wouldn't know it's there without the gut-shot!
Thanks, I have been doing all of my builds this way for a couple of years now, I think it looks unique. I learned it from Juan Solo I think.
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 27, 2020, 02:56:03 AM
what don't you like about it? I built a BYOC rangemaster as one of my first builds and love mine. I have experimented with various germanium transistor gains, but I think having the frequency toggle switch gives it more versatility with different guitars. What amp are you running thru? It looks good, I would rock it!
I have build the madbean rangemaster and the naga Vyper on vero, they both sound great. I need to explore a higher gain tranny for this one.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.