News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Official Coronavirus Discussion

Started by peAk, February 27, 2020, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Can someone please tell me which movie/television character this protester reminds me of? 

I mean, he's almost identical to some character from something I think I enjoyed watching, but I can't remember.  Thought at first it was Vulcan from the Adventures of Baron von Munchausen, but that's not quite it (too much hair).

Yes, I am happy that this is the only thing bothering me at the moment.   :P

Edit: This isn't it either (again, the hair):

Still thinking and searching.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

TheDude

Quote from: EBK on May 07, 2020, 08:10:24 AM
Can someone please tell me which movie/television character this protester reminds me of? 

I mean, he's almost identical to some character from something I think I enjoyed watching, but I can't remember.  Thought at first it was Vulcan from the Adventures of Baron von Munchausen, but that's not quite it (too much hair).

Yes, I am happy that this is the only thing bothering me at the moment.   [emoji14]

Comedian Brian Posehn?

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

Scruffie

That one bothered me too  ;D

I settled on Sig Haig.

Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

Quote from: Bio77 on May 06, 2020, 11:11:35 AM
Some of you might be too young to remember, but they used to have these places called "barber shops" that would help you with grooming.  I'm hoping they will get trendy with hipsters and come back some day.  ::)

Last time I got a haircut was probably over 20 years ago. So there!

Aentons

The Thing

SirEgno

Quote from: madbean on May 07, 2020, 08:26:15 AM
Quote from: Bio77 on May 06, 2020, 11:11:35 AM
Some of you might be too young to remember, but they used to have these places called "barber shops" that would help you with grooming.  I'm hoping they will get trendy with hipsters and come back some day.  ::)

Last time I got a haircut was probably over 20 years ago. So there!

matmosphere

It looks kinda like one of the pedal guys that makes youtube videos. Maybe dwarfcraft, but I can't remember.

I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about a well known "prepper", who said he was prepared to sustain his family for years if needed. He was seen, ironically, at a courthouse protest to try and get things opened up.

I'm ready for this!! I've been ready for years!! Finally my day has come!!

But open up shit so I can get a haircut dammit!!!!!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Matmosphere on May 07, 2020, 09:36:42 AM
It looks kinda like one of the pedal guys that makes youtube videos. Maybe dwarfcraft, but I can't remember.

I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about a well known "prepper", who said he was prepared to sustain his family for years if needed. He was seen, ironically, at a courthouse protest to try and get things opened up.

I'm ready for this!! I've been ready for years!! Finally my day has come!!

But open up shit so I can get a haircut dammit!!!!!

Yep! Those "preppers" are all good until the house or car bill comes in the mail  ::)

EBK

Quote from: Aentons on May 07, 2020, 08:48:41 AM

The Thing
That crossed my mind as well.  I had an inkling that maybe it was a character possessed by an alien or monster that I was remembering.  Still I swear the character I was remembering looked even more identical to this protester, down to the same shouting face.

I also thought briefly of Chris Elliott, but I don't think it was a comedic character.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Aentons

Quote from: EBK on May 07, 2020, 09:55:22 AM
Quote from: Aentons on May 07, 2020, 08:48:41 AM

The Thing
That crossed my mind as well.  I had an inkling that maybe it was a character possessed by an alien or monster that I was remembering.  Still I swear the character I was remembering looked even more identical to this protester, down to the same shouting face.

I also thought briefly of Chris Elliott, but I don't think it was a comedic character.
Sam Kinison

jimilee

Yes, I am happy that this is the only thing bothering me at the moment.   :P

Paul Giamotti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Quote from: Matmosphere on May 07, 2020, 09:36:42 AM

Daniel Steinhardt from That Pedal Show.  That would be funny, maybe he's yelling "You need a buffer in your signal chain, sheeple!!"

EBK

This isn't the answer either, I'm afraid, but when it popped into my head, I laughed out loud, so.....

Yes, that's Zangief from Street Fighter.  Not the character I was reminded of, but it would be pretty terrifying facing him down if he were protesting. 

davent

He looks like he's yelling past the two officers, can't see whether there's anyone behind them.

The bug eyed intensity made me think of Jack Nicholson and the Shining but that's not who you're after.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Aentons