News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Bomb Fuzz

Started by bigmufffuzzwizz, November 17, 2011, 06:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

First I must thank RnFR over at FSB for openly offering his creation and how it works. Next big thanks goes to Ian (irmcdermott) for his awesome layout (now verified)! I was very excited about the extra "shape" knob which I assumed would be a tone control. After building I felt it needed a little more so I decided to follow some RnFR's suggestions. First I changed the 50kb shape pot to a 50kA which sounds great. I changed the caps on the bases of the transistors from 0.1uF to 0.047uF (thin the sound) and the caps on either side of the Fuzz pot get changed from 0.1uF to 0.0022uF (really thin the sound). The first switch takes it from bass heavy to a pretty gritty treble sound. The second switch does thin the sound more but also adds gain to the circuit, especially in the gritty settings. On the gritty setting I can get pretty close to an Iron Butterfly fuzz. It sounds so good I didn't even change out the 2n3904's for BC109's yet!
First time I attempted etching an enclosure, wasn't so hard after all! I was going for a "bad" look..  :)

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

TNblueshawk

Congrat's on the first etch. I don't know if I will ever try that. So much to learn, not enough time. Looks great.
John

nzCdog

Sick man... that enclosure looks badass 8)

spectreman

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on November 17, 2011, 06:55:19 PM
Next big thanks goes to Ian (irmcdermott) for his awesome layout (now verified)!

Hello bigmufffuzzwizz!

Do you by any chance still have the layout that Ian (irmcdermott) did for this Green Bomb?

Thanks!

ahiddentableau

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on November 17, 2011, 06:55:19 PM

First time I attempted etching an enclosure, wasn't so hard after all! I was going for a "bad" look..  :)

I like the way your etch turned out.  Looks like a really ratty old stamp.  And the font looks like the box or poster of an old horror movie.  I dig that.