News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wavelord

Started by destro, March 15, 2020, 08:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

destro

This pedal came together quite nicely without any issues except for a bad tl072. Which turned into a bad batch of 20. First time it has happened in 15 years so I will consider myself lucky. It was weird as I was getting hardly any signal on 2. Of course I went through every possible thing I could think of before replacing the tl072.  The person I was building it for didn't want a graphic so that made it even easier as I didn't have to be concerned with the wave select switch. I ended up using another knob for it with the indicator selecting the triangle shape at 12. He was most interested in the classic sounds, so pulse and sine were to the left and right. It was fun adding the larger LEDs as I don't often used them in builds. The enclosure looked like swiss cheese by the time I was done. My perception of the overall tone of the pedal was that it was pretty transparent and clean. Not noisy at all with humbuckers. The ability to boost a little bit is nice as well. Where I really enjoyed playing with it was with the other bank of weird shapes and being able to effect the shapes with the DIST knob. I've been getting more into experimental and ambient stuff and the wavelord presents the opportunity to do so. The soft touch switches from small bear are defintiely worth it for tap tempo applications and I won't go without them again. Thanks for your work on this Brian, it's a great sounding, versatile trem!

cooder

Great and tidy fit, top notch! Quite a bit of knobbies and switches to squeeze in...
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

The monster LEDs have to look crazy on a dim stage/floor.  Very nicely done.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?