News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Box

Started by MTK, March 17, 2020, 09:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTK

Do you ever build something and not really do anything with it after that? Not that it's a bad circuit or anything. Just kind of like, "Yeah, that's cool. Imma put this riiight in here." Then you move on to the next thing. I've got a box of completed circuits that's no take only add.

There are builds where I knew, right away, I'd never use them. Those aren't good enough for The Box, they go directly to The Pile. The Pile is located on The Shelf of Abandoned Toanz. Circuits from The Pile donate to current projects when needed.

Do you guys have similar collections?

culturejam

What, no Pile of Fail? I have one of those. I harvest from it all the time. Always feel like the Grim Reaper.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

MTK

Ha! I did have a few boards that I gave up on in the beginning but if something doesn't work, I usually keep at it until it does.

selfdestroyer

Box of fail is strong in my environment also. Every once in awhile I pull something from there and troubleshoot it and it works out.. most of the time not and I just harvest parts.

Axldeziak

I have a pile of "this needs one 2¢ part but your broke and $7 shipping for a resistor is clownshoes."

alanp

That's when you bite the bullet, open OpenOffice and start a new spreadsheet, and knuckle down and start to track what the next gonzo-order is going to have.

I wish this was less common for me.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lars

Quote from: Axldeziak on March 19, 2020, 09:52:23 PM
I have a pile of "this needs one 2¢ part but your broke and $7 shipping for a resistor is clownshoes."
Clownshoes. I'm gonna use that one.
I don't have "The Box". I have "The Drawer". Same idea. I recently cleaned it out a bit and got rid of a bunch of stuff I knew I was never going to do anything with. It was refreshing.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Willybomb

I have half a table covered in "Meh".

Lubdar

ahh yes the box... mine is quite full, i have a small bag of pcbs which i designed which is a growing "failed" bag of pcb layout as well...
(--c^.^)--c

Invertiguy

I too am quite familiar with "The Box". Mine has about a dozen or so boards in it at the moment. They all work, but unless I already have an enclosure ready to drop them into I'm really bad at coming back and boxing things up later so they join their brethren in The Box to await the end of days.
Doomsday Devices