News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VP-PW. (DIY Volume Pedal)

Started by dawson, March 23, 2020, 06:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawson

*This is not a recent build, rather it's one of my first builds ever, circa 2017.

I built this volume pedal (and 2 others like it for my band-mates) because the Ernie Ball VP-JR, that had become an important tool of my technique, had developed a horribly scratchy pot that was ruining my swells.

3/4" Plywood finished with diluted India Ink
3D-Printed brackets wrapped with copper tape

At the end of the month I spent prototyping and testing different treadles and strings, then building these 3 things, to my dismay..one of them had a scratchy pot.  It was then, ladies and gentlemen, that I searched the internet for a solution and was introduced to contact cleaner..(sigh)

Anyhow, it works and feels great, and I continued to use it for over a year even though the VP-JR was functioning properly, however, I now use the VP-JR because of its smaller footprint.

Thanks for reading!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Philthy

Love it. Steam-punk meets wtf do I have in my back shed.

(This is what all our build will be like after this virus runs its course ;))

jimilee

Nice job, I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aleph Null

Looks great! Maybe put a univibe ciruit in there?

EBK

To make this project perfect, cut a large hole and add a dowel rod perch to make it look like you repurposed a birdhouse. 
Seriously, though, I love so many things about this.  Nice work.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

CodeMonk

Looks good.
I love working with wood.
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer