News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bad Medicine CV build #1

Started by jimilee, March 29, 2020, 03:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I have have this board forever. I don't know who made it or where it came from. It's a pretty versatile style fuzz, sounds good with a Les Paul. I tried something new, an acetone transfer. It would work better with the enclosure sanded smooth. Not terrible for a first try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Looking grungy good! Any particular reason for placing the board upside down? Maybe because everything is a bit upside down at present...?
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on March 29, 2020, 03:15:49 PM
Looking grungy good! Any particular reason for placing the board upside down? Maybe because everything is a bit upside down at present...?
Yeah, I was in the zone and this was the second enclosure I was drilling at that happened.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Quote from: jimilee on March 29, 2020, 04:17:33 PM
Quote from: cooder on March 29, 2020, 03:15:49 PM
Yeah, I was in the zone and this was the second enclosure I was drilling at that happened.

Stuff happens...  ;)
BigNoise Amplification

Bret608

This was a board jubal81 did, and it does sound really good. Interestingly, it can do fantastic overdrive and distortion sounds in addition to the fuzz.

jimilee

Quote from: Bret608 on March 30, 2020, 06:29:56 AM
This was a board jubal81 did, and it does sound really good. Interestingly, it can do fantastic overdrive and distortion sounds in addition to the fuzz.
I agree.

Thewintersoldier

I have tried this method of toner transfer and had less than stellar results. I tried it on copper clad board as well. Yours turned out much better than mine did. Maybe I'll try again some time. What paper did you use, I tried many different ones out of different magazines as well as different strength acetone.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 01, 2020, 05:14:13 AM
I have tried this method of toner transfer and had less than stellar results. I tried it on copper clad board as well. Yours turned out much better than mine did. Maybe I'll try again some time. What paper did you use, I tried many different ones out of different magazines as well as different strength acetone.
I used regular laser printer paper. I used this tutorial. For some reason my wife feels straight up acetone to remove her nail polish.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Acetone-Print-Transfers/