News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda best US supply for parts right now?

Started by Beedoola, April 12, 2020, 03:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

I see Small Bear is down do to the shelter in place. Wanted to get some parts for some builds give the shelter in place.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

I'm going with yes. That or eBay, I've had to resort to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TheDude

Arrow just took a whole bunch of my money personally. Kicking myself for not using them from the start with what I would've saved over Mammoth in particular.

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

pickdropper

I just ordered a pile of parts from Mouser.  Digikey and Arrow are good as well.  I would choose parts from them over Tayda every time, given the option.  For pedal specific things, Tayda may be the only option, but I'd check Love My Switches as well.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

During this madness I have put in 4-5 orders with Mouser. The FedEX shipping is ridiculous fast for me in California. Did one order with Arrow also.

harryklippton

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 12, 2020, 09:33:24 PM
During this madness I have put in 4-5 orders with Mouser. The FedEX shipping is ridiculous fast for me in California. Did one order with Arrow also.

Mouser upgraded me to overnight shipping for my order last week. I didn't need my order right away but it was nice.

junkemail86

I ordered with Tayda last week, maybe on Sunday or Monday.  I chose the faster Air option, was maybe $10 for shipping for $25 worth of components and a couple enclosures.  It left Thailand on Tuesday and got to my house in Illinois on Thursday.  I was surprised

davent

Everything i can, i'll get from Digikey, even being international shipping, an order placed by 8pm of a business day is here by noon of the next business day so usually in under 16 hours after ordering. $100 order for free shipping, flat $8 otherwise.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

culturejam

For me, Mouser and Newark are my go-to for "big boy" suppliers, while Love My Switches I use for pedal-specific stuff.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

aion

Mouser for everything except switches, pots and the occasional NOS part. I design all my PCBs around parts available from Mouser so it makes it really straightforward to order everything, just copy & paste from a parts list using their EZ Buy BOM tool and it adds everything to the cart.

I've even been getting my enclosures from them when I can. I'm an all-black kinda guy, so it works out well -
125B -> 1590N1 (1591N1BK for black powdercoat)
125BB -> 1590BBS (1590BBSBK for black)
1790NS -> 1590XX (1590XXBK for black)

The enclosures are not cheap, but getting everything from one place saves on shipping so it offsets it a bit.,

Love My Switches has the Daier versions of the 125B or 1790NS, but not the 125BB/1590BBS which I have taken a liking to lately.

For pots, Tayda is the way to go - they just have like five variants of each type so it can be hard to sort through. The 16mm right-angle pots with 6.35mm shaft are the ones, though. Identical to Small Bear except that they include the dust cover preassembled.

Stompbox Parts (https://stompboxparts.com) is pretty new - it's Jon Cusack's outlet for the buyout of Mammoth's inventory, plus his own stuff that he's added. You don't get to choose the brand of pots (Vimex, Alpha or Mammoth's house brand are all in the same bins) but the form factor is the same for all. So that's another option while Small Bear is benched.

For switches, Love My Switches.