News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Loophole Problem

Started by ssnakes, November 21, 2011, 03:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssnakes

I finished this build over the weekend and I have a problem.
I get both lights to light up when I press record but nothing gets recorded.
When I press play My guitar tone will change with the filter knob and volume knob.
I will try to post pictures tonight.

I have changed out the Reg 7809 and turned it around in the socket to see if that would help.
Would the IC3 be something to look at?
Im a little puzzled why my guitar would have the effect of Filter and such when I have the play engaged.

I did order new ICs.

Thanks
"Noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." (1937)

JakeFuzz

Woah, don't plug this in again till you double check the value of that regulator. Did you say you were using a 78L09? Make sure you are using a 78L05, sending 9 volts into the ISD chip probably isn't good for it. Try that and see if it helps. Also you don't need to turn the regulator around; that too sends out too much voltage to the chip. 

ssnakes

"Noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." (1937)

JakeFuzz

Oh good, You don't want that ISD fried. They definitely aren't cheap. I would go through with a DMM and make sure you're getting around 5 volts on the supply pin of the ISD just to be sure that regulator is in there okay.

Hmm okay, the first thing I would look at is the wiring of the record switch and the safe switch if you have one installed. I don't think the lights will engage though if the switches aren't working correctly but it is worth a double check. When you just push the record button to take it out of record mode is the green light on as well. On mine if I leave the play button on when I am recording it wont record anything.

Its strange you say the filter effects your dry signal? The volume knob should effect the dry signal along with dry volume when the playback is engaged. Ill have to double check the filter operation tonight though because that is in the playback path.