News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

International shipments - new temporary policy

Started by madbean, May 06, 2020, 05:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

There has been a significant uptick in delivery times for international orders. I have been getting complaints about non-delivery after 30 days in countries in Europe and elsewhere. Canada does not yet seem to be affected. This is most likely due to COVID. For perspective I have, at most, a half dozen orders that go missing in a year and I've already had that of that number in the last 6 weeks.

So, I am extending the 30 day non-delivery policy to 60 days for now. This means if you have not received your package within 60 days of shipment I will re-ship one time at no charge. I hate doing this since I think it's ridiculous to wait two months for an order but this is only one small inconvenience in a stream of many that we are all experiencing now.

If I see this trend continue or if things go back to normal I'll review this policy and change it accordingly. I don't want anyone not to get their stuff and I also don't want to take a huge bath on re-shipping since it is so expensive (I'm not worried about replacing PCBs at all - it's just this goddang shipping costs we all have to deal with now).

matmosphere

I was just reading this last night. Seems applicable, there is a tool at the bottom where you can select a country and see if things are able to ship

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm?_gl=1*13sxfrn*_gcl_aw*R0NMLjE1ODg2MTAxNzMuQ2owS0NRanctcjcxQlJEdUFSSXNBQjdpX1FOa2pwSmw0TF9LOTY4aHo0Y0xxaWJZMUkybDFoeWFaeTRxQjVsR1JIVHM2emU2SXNmMXplSWFBdUJIRUFMd193Y0I.*_gcl_dc*R0NMLjE1ODg2MTAxNzMuQ2owS0NRanctcjcxQlJEdUFSSXNBQjdpX1FOa2pwSmw0TF9LOTY4aHo0Y0xxaWJZMUkybDFoeWFaeTRxQjVsR1JIVHM2emU2SXNmMXplSWFBdUJIRUFMd193Y0I.

thesmokingman

looks like I'll wait a little longer, had an order from israel approaching the 30 day mark and was about to go complain to them ... fun times
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jkokura

I had a customer get his package from me 4 weeks after I shipped it, INSIDE Canada. I've had a  larger number than usual of long waits for my international packages. I believe some are at 6 weeks and counting.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

matmosphere

Just from watching tracking on a few things I had shipped it looks like the post office might be holding things that come from overseas for 3 days before handling them.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jkokura on May 07, 2020, 01:52:43 PM
I had a customer get his package from me 4 weeks after I shipped it, INSIDE Canada. I've had a  larger number than usual of long waits for my international packages. I believe some are at 6 weeks and counting.

jacob

I had some boards sent to me from Canada and it took a month to get here (about 500 miles.)

Just had another board sent but with tracking. Gonna keep an eye on it. My guess is that Canadian post is so backed up that it is taking them a while to get things sent out. Once it hits the US, it proceeds as normal.

jimilee

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

I'm still waiting on my order from Carcharias effects ... shipped on 4/16 ... shipped out of Israel to America on 5/5 ... still not here ... on the fence about contacting paypal at the 60 day mark

harryklippton

Quote from: thesmokingman on June 01, 2020, 07:07:46 PM
I'm still waiting on my order from Carcharias effects ... shipped on 4/16 ... shipped out of Israel to America on 5/5 ... still not here ... on the fence about contacting paypal at the 60 day mark

I ordered from him sort of recently. Maybe in April. It took a long time to get here.  He emailed me to follow up and make sure I got it.

mjg

I ordered something from Tayda recently, tracking shows it took about 10 days to move from Thailand to Singapore.  No idea how long it will take beyond there.  I think postage is messed up all over the place at the moment. 

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 01, 2020, 10:45:59 AM
Just had another board sent but with tracking. Gonna keep an eye on it. My guess is that Canadian post is so backed up that it is taking them a while to get things sent out. Once it hits the US, it proceeds as normal.

So far, been in the mail a week and still hasn't left Canada. They must be WAYYYY behind  :-\

jimilee

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 03, 2020, 11:09:00 AM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 01, 2020, 10:45:59 AM

So far, been in the mail a week and still hasn't left Canada. They must be WAYYYY behind  :-\
Last thing I ordered from JMK took a month. That was a few posts up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

chalking mine up as a covid-19 related loss, not bothering with a refund and I wouldn't recommend international shipping during the middle of a pandemic ...