News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Haven’t etched for a while

Started by flanagan0718, May 07, 2020, 11:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey all,
So it's been a while since I etched any boards or anything. I recently had a couple build requests and figured I'd etch a few to see if I still had the skills.
First I found the layouts I wanted (Hamlet, Hoof, Sounds Like Doom, Sound Saw, and Clean Octave Blend). Then printed the layouts on shiny presentation paper with a laser printer. Then put iron to paper and transferred the layouts to a 4 x 6 and an extra piece of copper clad. Then etched. I'm honestly surprised these even came out on the first try. Here is a picture of the out come. Now it's time to drill an ass load of holes!!!

I also debugged and finished one of the nonworking Triton delay boards from CultureJam. You'll see a build report for that in the next day or so. I need to do a demo for it. Any hoo, feels good to be back at it for a bit. Thanks for reading.
-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooder

There ya go, still got the skillz. Can't go past experience...  8)
BigNoise Amplification

flanagan0718

Quote from: cooder on May 07, 2020, 11:43:49 PM
There ya go, still got the skillz. Can't go past experience...  8)
Thanks bud! I may even try an enclosure next week. I usually use the left over ferric chloride after I etch a couple boards. Might be a good opportunity to use it up.

jimilee

Quote from: flanagan0718 on May 07, 2020, 11:39:54 PM
Hey all,
So it's been a while since I etched any boards or anything. I recently had a couple build requests and figured I'd etch a few to see if I still had the skills.
First I found the layouts I wanted (Hamlet, Hoof, Sounds Like Doom, Sound Saw, and Clean Octave Blend). Then printed the layouts on shiny presentation paper with a laser printer. Then put iron to paper and transferred the layouts to a 4 x 6 and an extra piece of copper clad. Then etched. I'm honestly surprised these even came out on the first try. Here is a picture of the out come. Now it's time to drill an ass load of holes!!!

I also debugged and finished one of the nonworking Triton delay boards from CultureJam. You'll see a build report for that in the next day or so. I need to do a demo for it. Any hoo, feels good to be back at it for a bit. Thanks for reading.
-Mike-

Man, that looks great. I'm working on etching myself. What presentation paper did you use?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Quote from: jimilee on May 08, 2020, 12:25:08 AM
Hey all,

-Mike-

Man, that looks great. I'm working on etching myself. What presentation paper did you use?

Good question. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post it. That way you can get the same stuff if you want.

jimilee

Quote from: flanagan0718 on May 08, 2020, 12:36:22 AM
Quote from: jimilee on May 08, 2020, 12:25:08 AM
Hey all,

-Mike-

Good question. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post it. That way you can get the same stuff if you want.

Perfect, thank you.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Here is a picture of the paper that I use.

jimilee

Hey, thank you, I appreciate it.

davent

Nice clean etch, black pcbs always look superior!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

selfdestroyer

Like riding a bike!

Looks great man!

flanagan0718

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 09, 2020, 11:22:46 PM
Like riding a bike!

Looks great man!
Seriously though, once you get in the groove it all comes back like it's second nature! Thanks Cody!
-Mike-

diablochris6

Great work. I didn't expect any less! Etching has never been my strength, and I've always been too intimidated with drilling all those holes, especially considering I don't have a drill press. Looking forward to see how these projects end up.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

flanagan0718

Quote from: diablochris6 on May 09, 2020, 11:42:05 PM
Great work. I didn't expect any less! Etching has never been my strength, and I've always been too intimidated with drilling all those holes, especially considering I don't have a drill press. Looking forward to see how these projects end up.
Thanks Chris! A couple of your boards are now at the top of my build list. Wanna get that Tesseract up and going. Also have the sample hold you did and the nasal cavity that I need to build.