News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EAE Mojo Titan

Started by Hexjibber, May 10, 2020, 05:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

My latest endeavour is a Sonic Titan built on the EAE Mojo Titan board. Saw the project come up a while back and thought it looked a bit of fun but only just got round to building it.

Found a cool slanted box to put it in. Was a little challenging to etch to slanted bit in terms of keeping it level so the etchant didn't all run off but managed it!

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this when I fired it up, has a really cool thing of its own in terms of distortion. Tried both a J201 and 2N5457 in Q1, the 201 swung it for me, just seemed to have more clarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harryklippton

That looks great! Where did the enclosure come from?

Hexjibber

m-Kresol

that looks so slick and clean. well done graham
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Hexjibber

Quote from: m-Kresol on May 10, 2020, 11:00:43 AM
that looks so slick and clean. well done graham

Cheers Felix!  8)

Bio77

Man, that looks so pro.  Great build!

Hexjibber

Quote from: Bio77 on May 10, 2020, 12:09:46 PM
Man, that looks so pro.  Great build!
Thanks! [emoji3]

mjg

That's an amazing etch on a difficult surface.  Nice one.

cooder

Epic! Anyone mentioned the super etch yet...? ;) You got great depth out of that etch too and the graphics itself is cool, together with the knobage!
BigNoise Amplification

Hexjibber

Cheers guys, was a tricky etch tbh and the aluminium reacted quite differently the Hammond boxes I'm used to. Initially I wasn't sure if it was working at all!

Also, not sure if you can see from the photo of the knob labels, but I inadvertently ended up getting bevelled lettering! The etchant must have been nibbling away at the edges of the letters, it looks pretty cool tho I think!

gmr1

How strong is the enclosure? Think it will hold up to a fair amount of use? Always wondered about those boxes.

Hexjibber

Quote from: gmr1 on May 17, 2020, 06:28:04 AM
How strong is the enclosure? Think it will hold up to a fair amount of use? Always wondered about those boxes.
I think it seems ok, definitely a lot thinner than Hammond boxes but I tried applying a fair amount of pressure when I pressed the switch and there wasn't really any give as such. Time will tell tbh!