News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

V-Scoring in KiCAD....?

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, May 28, 2020, 03:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to indicate V-Scoring using KiCAD?
Or any other method for making a panel of smaller boards, like using the little break-away tabs with the little holes drilled in them?
I tried a quick Google search but didn't see anything right away. I'm sure I can go waaaay down the rabbit hole of reading really old posts and watching a bunch of videos until I find what I'm looking for. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction a little faster........
Maybe some of it will depend on the fab house too..? I've only ordered a couple of boards so far and I've used JLCPCB with pretty good results. But I'm willing to try others!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

rockola

Quote from: Drew Hallenbeck on May 28, 2020, 03:08:08 AM
Maybe some of it will depend on the fab house too..? I've only ordered a couple of boards so far and I've used JLCPCB with pretty good results. But I'm willing to try others!
I asked PCBWay about this and the salesperson did not really understand my question. Note that the same boards may be cheaper to order unpanelized, depending on volume. The salesperson did point this out and I checked that she was correct in my case.

TFZ

I don't use Kicad, but that isn't software specific. Make a new layer, draw the lines, and include that layer when exporting the Gerber files in the mechanical/GML file. And make a note when ordering: V-scoring in the GML file.