News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Congrats to Jimi

Started by flanagan0718, May 28, 2020, 07:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey all,
Just wanted to say congrats to Jimi. He has been knocking it out of the park with his enclosure etches. I know from experience that they are time consuming, expensive, and take a lot of patience to do. So, Congrats Jimi and keep up the good work!
-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

Hey thanks! It's a learning process. I wish I could make them look better, but it's a learning process. I appreciate you.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Quote from: jimilee on May 28, 2020, 08:37:50 AM
Hey thanks! It's a learning process. I wish I could make them look better, but it's a learning process. I appreciate you.

Well you've had some killer etches lately and they only seem to be getting better. Keep up the good work bud!

bcalla

I have to agree. I look at etched enclosures in build reports with envy, but I have never worked up the nerve to try it.  Years ago I etched 2 PCBs: one came out perfect and the other was a disaster.  I never tried again.

jimilee

Quote from: bcalla on May 28, 2020, 03:49:26 PM
I have to agree. I look at etched enclosures in build reports with envy, but I have never worked up the nerve to try it.  Years ago I etched 2 PCBs: one came out perfect and the other was a disaster.  I never tried again.
Honestly, I tried it because I could easily have the stuff I needed delivered, and the acid magic requires no mixing. The HP paper made all the difference. I'd etch PCBs if it wasn't for all that drilling. I might one day.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.