News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3-button footswitch Fender 0028146000 (Deluxe 85)

Started by mastro, June 10, 2020, 09:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastro

Hello,

this is a quite difficult question  ;D
once I had a 3 button footswitch from Fender for my Deluxe 85, then I loan it and it didn't come back.
It cannot find schematic on the web, I've searched a lot but I didn't find schematic for this specific model.
I have found schematic for 3 button footswitch for RocPro, but is not the same.
I have found also some pics of footswitch for 185 Series (PN 028148 A) but maybe this will work... because I found a thread here where the OP has a Deluxe 85 with a footswitch PN 028148 A instead of the original one (from Deluxe schematic we know that original footswitch PN is 0028146000).
In that thread OP says that his footswitch works and he says also something about "resistors" but maybe he is talking about diodes... because I don't see any resistor from the pic.

Does anyone have any ideas about where to find PN 0028146000 schematic ?
I attach 2 pics from the trhead about PN 028148 A, I've tried to understand schematic and trace it on the pic.
There is also a pic with original parts numbers of PN 0028146000... and it seems to me that it matches with PN 028148 A.
I'm not skilled in electronic so I cannot undurstand very well schematic, can you take a look please and tell me if the original parts number of PN 0028146000 could match with PN 028148 A pic ?

mastro

...I forgot to mention that there is a 4 pin jack, maybe it's this one:

mastro

I've tried to sketch the schematic, does it make any sens ?

- I don't know if LEDs are in the right direction
- I don't know if I have choosen right switches in schematic, in the photo we see 3 pins switch and from de parts list ... it's push SPDT.
- I am not sure about if In and Ground of the mono Jack are ok or inverted.

Here is the parts list from Fender 0028146000 (Deluxe 85):

S 1,2,3 - Switch push SPDT - n.3
J 1 - Jack phone mono - n.1
CR 1,2  - Diode 1N4448 signal 75PIV - n.2
LD 1,2,3 - Led red 5x5 SLB-55VR3 - n.3
CR 3 - Diode Zener 1N5234B 0,5W 6,2V - n.1

mastro

... so, I'm looking for parts and will try to assemble.
I've a question about LED, the original part is a bit pricey, 10 euro. I didn't find electric value of the original led, ma, v...

Do you think it can work with different led?
Any suggestion?

mastro

Looking closely to parts list posted above pn 028148A is very similar to PCB' pn 0028148-000 so maybe it's the same footswitch!

About led I will try with red led and hope it works, and about led's polarity... as I don't know, will try both directions.

jimilee

Quote from: mastro on June 13, 2020, 07:05:22 AM
Looking closely to parts list posted above pn 028148A is very similar to PCB' pn 0028148-000 so maybe it's the same footswitch!

About led I will try with red led and hope it works, and about led's polarity... as I don't know, will try both directions.
In an LED, the short leg is the ground.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mastro

Hi, thanks... I am not sure the ground in the schematic I sketched is really the ground or not.
If it is right, maybe Led 2 should be then inverted. I assumed that the first pin on the right of phono jack is the ground.
As it's not expensive I will try and post if it works ...