News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3pdt toggle switch

Started by Guybrush, June 17, 2020, 10:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hi all

I'm looking to build a new test rig and would like to use a 3pdt toggle switch (rather than a footwitch). Unfortunately I can only find on- off on-on and on-off-on toggle switches. Does anyone know where I might find the necessary on-off version?

Thanks as always.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Guybrush on June 17, 2020, 10:59:27 AM
Hi all

I'm looking to build a new test rig and would like to use a 3pdt toggle switch (rather than a footwitch). Unfortunately I can only find on- off and on-off-on toggle switches. Does anyone know where I might find the necessary on-off version?

Thanks as always.

Pretty sure this is what you are looking for. Underlined.

Guybrush

Oops, that's a typo  ::).

Will go back and edit. Thanks

EBK

On-on is the one you want.  Here, "on" just means each pole is connected to one of the throw terminals in each of the two switch positions, same as in the stomp switch.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Quote from: EBK on June 17, 2020, 01:54:39 PM
On-on is the one you want.  Here, "on" just means each pole is connected to one of the throw terminals in each of the two switch positions, same as in the stomp switch.
Yep, just your standard 3pdt toggle switch is what you want. It's wired the same way, that way, you have bypass and effected signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Guybrush

Ahh ok. Every day's a school day!

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

alanp

Given that it's a toggle, you can just use a DPDT. The extra pole in 3PDT stomps is needed to show whether the switch is on or off, as you cannot tell from just looking at a stomp alone. With a toggle, you can just look at it.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website