News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A klon it is not!

Started by jimilee, June 22, 2020, 12:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I'm feeling good about etching. You should see the labels that are under the knob; straight bitchin. The imp with a klon buffer and super mojo diodes. I really need to polish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danfrank

Klone wars, yay!
What's the little board to the right?

jimilee

Quote from: danfrank on June 22, 2020, 12:16:31 PM
Klone wars, yay!
What's the little board to the right?
Klon buffer

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

EBK

Quote from: jimilee on June 22, 2020, 12:14:34 PM
You should see the labels that are under the knob; straight bitchin.
;D
As long as the labels are at least 90% hidden, that's just as good visually as having unhidden ones. 

I like it.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Bio77

3tonesnd

may the klon be with you

what did you use as an etchant for the enclosure?
Pardon my english

jimilee

Quote from: 3tonesnd on June 22, 2020, 02:42:21 PM
may the klon be with you

Acid magic and peroxide. I etched a board the same day, so I used it for the enclosure too. I like it, I'm gonna keep using that combo.

3tonesnd

Quote from: jimilee on June 22, 2020, 03:19:37 PM
may the klon be with you

Acid magic and peroxide. I etched a board the same day, so I used it for the enclosure too. I like it, I'm gonna keep using that combo.

an "acid --" what?))

smthing like this? http://www.certol.com/acidmagichome/
Pardon my english

jimilee

Quote from: 3tonesnd on June 22, 2020, 04:30:26 PM
Quote from: jimilee on June 22, 2020, 03:19:37 PM
may the klon be with you

an "acid --" what?))

smthing like this? http://www.certol.com/acidmagichome/
https://poolsupplyworld.com/certol-acid-magic-1-gallon/14291.html

This is where I got it. They delivered it, that's the biggest part of why I started trying etching.

3tonesnd

Could you please post proportion of acid and peroxide? (and whatever else used to etch aluminium?)
Pardon my english

jimilee

Quote from: 3tonesnd on June 22, 2020, 04:58:20 PM
Could you please post proportion of acid and peroxide? (and whatever else used to etch aluminium?)
It's a 2:1 ratio. I used 1/4 cup 3% peroxide, 1/8 cup acid magic (which is muriatic acid. you don't have to use peroxide, but it seems to etch it quicker