News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ultra Fett

Started by Willybomb, July 15, 2020, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  This Ultra Fett, a dual channel Fetto with an LPB1 booster and all the dip switches on the outside.

Might change the knobs one day, and might go back and tidy it up sometime, but for now I'm going to take a break from building and I don't see myself fixing it up any time soon.  I still have plenty of PCBs that need boxing (an STM800 for starters), but as you can see from the artwork I have precious little inspiration for artwork currently.

This thing is great as a dual channel drive, and the boost is ok.  I built a treble booster (and had tested it with one previously), but it wasn't really making unity gain so I dropped a Crackle Not Ok in and that was just squeal and noise... so I banged out an LPB1 and it's workable.

The external switches are ok, but the only ones that make a real difference are Gain 1 and 2, and the Mid Cut, so maybe I'll revisit a simpler version with dual channels and just Gain1/2 external with everything else set to open.

Tremster

Awesome!
Do you know that "Fett" is the German word for "Fat" but also means anything fom "thick" to "bold" to "Da bomb"?!

Willybomb

I did not know.  I assumed in this case that it was related to the jfets in the circuit.  I just checked the swedish - english translation of Fetto, and it means Fatso in english, so there you are.

dan.schumaker

Looks awesome!  What transistors did you use on it?  2N5457's?

Willybomb

Quote from: dan.schumaker on July 16, 2020, 05:14:04 AM
Looks awesome!  What transistors did you use on it?  2N5457's?

2sk30s from Tayda.