News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Florist need help: no voltage on bloom pot

Started by Sammat, July 19, 2020, 06:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammat

Hey guys,

It's my first timing posting on this forum so if i'm in the the wrong place to seek aid, feel free redirect me.
I've build the florist chorus/vibrato but i have no (modulated) audio when the effect is activated.When the blend pot is at zero, the audio comes trough so i assume my off board wiring is correct( triple-checked everything). My pin voltages are all fine, the speed led works fine and follows the speed knob. During the troubleshooting i noticed there was no voltage on any of the bloom pots pins. C15 and c17 ( caps right in front of the pot) both have one leg with zero voltage on. I tried replacing the caps but the problem persists on the new caps.
Could this be a faulty pot?
I did use the 2n5458 instead of the 2N5457 because it wasn't directly available to order in Europe so maybe this could also cause some troubles?.

Would love to hear some feedback from you guys.
Thanks in advance! :)

Sam

jimilee

Have you audio probed it yet? Check all your values and polarities and then reflow your solder. Got pictures?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

You should not be reading any DC voltage on the Bloom pot anyway, so that's not the issue. The two caps on either end of it are DC coupling so there is no voltage across it.

If you have no modulation with the Blend control at halfway up then there is something going on in the PT2399 area. If the pin voltages are more or less matching the ones in the doc then the best thing to do is what Jimi mentioned: audio probe the output of the PT2399 (pin 14).

diegoyl

I used 58 instead of 57 and my bloom pot seems to be working fine so I don't think that's the problem. good luck!