News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lovetone, Madbean & Schu-Tone Builds

Started by dan.schumaker, July 21, 2020, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Here are a few more I finished up this last week (or finally got around to taking pictures of)...

The first three are some Lovetone builds on some DeadEnd FX boards.  Awesome quality boards, awesome sounding pedals.  I've tried a Meatball and Wobbletron before that were never quite right, so I was excited to try these guys out.  They sound amazing.  I love playing the Turbo Trem in panning mode between my AC4 and 5F2 builds, it sounds so cool to have it spaced out like that.  This is my second Doppelganger (I already have an alanp one), and this one sounds just as awesome as the first.

Next is Brian's Man O' War Deluxe.  I've had the board populated and ready to go since the project launched last year, I just never got around to actually boxing it up.  After some farting around with bad clock chips, I got it up and running.  I want to do an A/B comparison next to my Aquaboy DX, just to see how the two compare.  I am really happy with how the etch turned out on this one, I think it looks really cool.

The next few are some Schu-Tone builds.  The first is the Ignitor Deluxe.  It is a dual overdrive pedal, loosely based on the Barber Burn Unit.  One footswitch for bypass, the other to select between two different drive and level presets.  It has that nice tight, focused distortion to it, Dumble like.  The second is the Thunderbird, which is a Morning Glory Bluesbreaker and a Superbolt 2-in-1.  The switch in the middle is for order switching (I know Leetut already posted a build like this, I had my boards on order when I saw his, great minds must think alike  :) ).  The last is a custom build for a guy.  He wanted a version of my Wasteland fuzz with some custom graphics, and settled on the Prince-theme (thanks to Drew for the purple LED's).

dan.schumaker

Quote from: dan.schumaker on July 21, 2020, 07:52:26 AM
Here are a few more I finished up this last week (or finally got around to taking pictures of)...

The first three are some Lovetone builds on some DeadEnd FX boards.  Awesome quality boards, awesome sounding pedals.  I've tried a Meatball and Wobbletron before that were never quite right, so I was excited to try these guys out.  They sound amazing.  I love playing the Turbo Trem in panning mode between my AC4 and 5F2 builds, it sounds so cool to have it spaced out like that.  This is my second Doppelganger (I already have an alanp one), and this one sounds just as awesome as the first.  I have a Ring Stinger and ? Flanger from them ready to go (and some Cheese Source boards I had made up), just waiting on a few parts and enclosures for those.

Next is Brian's Man O' War Deluxe.  I've had the board populated and ready to go since the project launched last year, I just never got around to actually boxing it up.  After some farting around with bad clock chips, I got it up and running.  I want to do an A/B comparison next to my Aquaboy DX, just to see how the two compare.  I am really happy with how the etch turned out on this one, I think it looks really cool.

The next few are some Schu-Tone builds.  The first is the Ignitor Deluxe.  It is a dual overdrive pedal, loosely based on the Barber Burn Unit.  One footswitch for bypass, the other to select between two different drive and level presets.  It has that nice tight, focused distortion to it, Dumble like.  The second is the Thunderbird, which is a Morning Glory Bluesbreaker and a Superbolt 2-in-1.  The switch in the middle is for order switching (I know Leetut already posted a build like this, I had my boards on order when I saw his, great minds must think alike  :) ).  The last is a custom build for a guy.  He wanted a version of my Wasteland fuzz with some custom graphics, and settled on the Prince-theme (thanks to Drew for the purple LED's).

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

Wow! Those faceplates look incredible! Looks like you're getting the hang of the new equipment!

Very clean inside and out. Thanks for sharing. The turbo trem build in particular looks like a ton of fun.

Thewintersoldier

Always some top notch builds, the quality and consistency of your work is what I strive for

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

zombie_rock123

Those builds look outstanding! What laser are you using for those fantastic looking graphics?
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

dan.schumaker

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on July 21, 2020, 11:01:56 AM
Those builds look outstanding! What laser are you using for those fantastic looking graphics?

Im using a Flux Beamo.  Its a newer laser to market, I just recieved mine about 2 months ago.

https://flux3dp.com/beamo/

sjaustin

These builds look amazing! Not to take anything away from them, but I would love to hear more about your AC4 build. Have you posted about it before?

cooder

Maximum awesomeness, what epic builds!  8)
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Lovely as always and really liking how the laser is cranking it out.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?