News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

JMK Test Rig

Started by p_wats, July 23, 2020, 12:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p_wats

Finally built myself a proper test rig after years of using a little makeshift bypass box. The JMK Test Rig is great. The built-in probe and headphone output are going to be very useful.

Let's look past the weird way the test leads double back on top of the board and proceed through holes that look a lot like they were meant for in/out jacks that didn't fit with how the board was placed (shh). I hope to replace this with a speaker terminal connection block and a banana jack for the probe, but we'll see if that really happens.

Instead, let's focus on how I used a salvaged enclosure and filled a huge hole with JB Weld (you almost can't tell).

Also worth noting is the masochistic decision to replace the bypass toggle with a stomp switch, necessitating all that extra wiring (I sometimes like to test a circuit on my board with other pedals and stomp it on/off, etc.)

jkokura

BEST PAINT EVER.

No seriously, I love that paint job.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Thewintersoldier

Looks awesome. A truly indispensable utility. I use mine all the time. It will change your life for the better!
Who the hell is Bucky?

p_wats

Quote from: jkokura on July 23, 2020, 01:16:50 PM
BEST PAINT EVER.

No seriously, I love that paint job.

Jacob

Thanks! Splatter is my go-to and lately I've been fond of these softer colours.

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on July 24, 2020, 03:50:15 AM
Looks awesome. A truly indispensable utility. I use mine all the time. It will change your life for the better!

Thanks! I don't doubt it! A great circuit, to be sure.