News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schu-Tone Builds, Madbean Glass Hole & Voight-Kampff Chorus

Started by dan.schumaker, August 17, 2020, 09:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Here are a few more of what i finished up this last week...

I finally took the plunge and ordered some powdercoated enclosures to test out with my laser.  Man, does that work well.  The laser burned through the powder like butter, and it ended up looking great!  I am really happy with how it looks, it is so professional, this is what I have been striving for.  My only issue is that I restocked on all my enclosures, now I need to get more powdered enclosures, or learn to powdercoat myself :)

The three that I did were a Clarent overdrive (Bluesbreaker style OD), Ripple Trem and my Secret Agent overdrive (like the Cornish SS-3).  The Ripple is on a white enclosure, it just looks green in the picture.  I might want to play in the future with infilling the etched area, just to give some contrast.

Next up is the Madbean Glasshole.  Sounds really good.  I ended up using 9200 LDR's from Small Bear (since they are out of 9203's).  The depth and range still seems really good.  Cool sounding phaser.  I like the LED's on the stage switch, showing the rate of the LFO.  I am really happy with the etch on this one, I think it turned out pretty cool.

This is a Voight-Kampff Chorus from DiabloChris.  I've had this built up for about a year and a half, just never took it all the way and finished it up.  I went super-deluxe on this one, and added all the outputs that I could (trying to get a pseudo Tri-Stereo chorus).  This is one tight build, definitely not for the faint of heart.  It is definitely an interesting and complex sounding chorus, very lush, you wouldn't think it was PT2399 based.

This is another Robot Zookeeper drive.  This is one of my favorite drives to play with.  It is similar to a 1981 DRV, Rat based overdrive.

Last one is a custom build.  The customer was looking for a Treble Booster into an Octave Fuzz.  I paired the Treble Booster with my Shatter Machine (superfuzz) Fuzz.  It is a pretty cool combination.  It can get really nasty, and the treble boost makes some cool overtones of the fuzz.

benny_profane

Circuitry and wiring is top notch and the boxes look gorgeous! Glad to see that the laser is working for you.

cooder

Most excellent and what a bunch of goodness! The laser graphics are top notch and really working perfect! All great with the Glasshole probably my favourite but it's hard to pick...
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Brian, Chris, you've let poor old Dan down... he had to resort to putting those effects into absolutely gonzo sized boxes! Think of the 1590A's!

Nice work :) lasering looks good!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

diablochris6

You maniac. You added all those outputs to the Voight-Kampff. I haven't even tried that yet!

All the builds look great. The Glasshole and Robot Zookeeper enclosures are top notch.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here