News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MXR Knobs

Started by pipoy, August 20, 2020, 01:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipoy

Hi,

I've been getting my knobs from China to get the best prices in bulk instead of the usual shop in the US.
But the MXR knob style in particular is in extremely low quality. 80% of them are blems.

True enough, the shops I see in the US sell them as blems.

They go like these.

There is another MXR style knobs in the market and Ive actually been using them for more than 10 years now. But I cannot find the main supplier or the factory.

They go like these.

Another MXR knob that I see good quality is found in the Joyo D Seed II.

Anyone here know where I can find the source or factory for the best prices in bulk?

EBK

Perhaps contact Steve at Small Bear Electronics or Lawrence at Love My Switches.  They should either carry what you want and offer bulk pricing or be able to connect you with a manufacturer that can make what you need.  I believe they each sell at least one line of knobs they have had custom made for them.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Space Monkey

I have the same problem with the quality of the Chinese version of the skirtless MXR knobs. When ordered, well over half would be would I consider Blems. Many stores are selling the same version.

Smallbear version cost more but is better quality. I got some samples from OEP once and they were good quality but the cost worked out the same as Smallbear.

Banzai used to do good quality versions of those knobs but last time I ordered from them they appeared have changed supplier as the quality was not as good. (Still charged the same higher price though...)

pipoy

Quote from: EBK on August 20, 2020, 01:23:28 AM
Perhaps contact Steve at Small Bear Electronics or Lawrence at Love My Switches.  They should either carry what you want and offer bulk pricing or be able to connect you with a manufacturer that can make what you need.  I believe they each sell at least one line of knobs they have had custom made for them.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have contacted them for a bulk program. Indeed cheaper but I expected lesser for the requirements I need. That is why I am looking for the source. Asking the manufacturer would not be good for their business so I did not really try.

Quote from: Space Monkey on August 20, 2020, 07:47:36 AM
I have the same problem with the quality of the Chinese version of the skirtless MXR knobs. When ordered, well over half would be would I consider Blems. Many stores are selling the same version.

Smallbear version cost more but is better quality. I got some samples from OEP once and they were good quality but the cost worked out the same as Smallbear.

Banzai used to do good quality versions of those knobs but last time I ordered from them they appeared have changed supplier as the quality was not as good. (Still charged the same higher price though...)

Right? This is very particular with the MXR knobs. Others are ok.

So I am messaging suppliers from Allibaba and they are sending me the same specs. I am not sure which among them sell the best quality.
But I would stay away from the company Daier.