News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquababy

Started by Hexjibber, September 25, 2020, 06:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

First post in a while on here and first actual Madbean build for good while!

Here we have an Aquababy, been wanting a proper analogue delay for a while and this seemed to be the only logical choice! I can see why this is a classic, just has a lovely warm feel to it, haven't had a bad sound out of it so far, really happy!

Had a brief hiccup with what turned out to be a dodgy MN3101 but thankfully Brian leapt to my aid, found the problem and I got it working.

Etched with NaOH/Caustic, then painted the etch, sanded back before finally applying some red stained glass paint so you can see the design underneath which worked a treat! Picked up that trick from Gholas/Handsome Beard on Instagram after seeing an etch of his, he was kind enough to share how he'd done it, top man!

Pics:

TeleCrunch

Wow, that is really beautiful. Great detail in the etch.
No Squid Pro Quo

Thewintersoldier

That is top notch all around, beautiful. Glad you got it sorted out and welcome back!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Hexjibber

Quote from: TeleCrunch on September 25, 2020, 07:58:37 AM
Wow, that is really beautiful. Great detail in the etch.

Thanks!  :)

Hexjibber

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on September 25, 2020, 08:09:16 AM
That is top notch all around, beautiful. Glad you got it sorted out and welcome back!

Cheers man! Always a frustrating moment when you fire it up and something is amiss, glad it was an easy fix!

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Bio77

That's killer, in and out!  Strong choice on the knobs, goes great with that awesome etch.