News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Modded Micro POG

Started by Hexjibber, October 05, 2020, 01:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

Quite proud of this one so thought I would share with you guys..

Its a modded Micro POG (https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2014/05/micro-pog-dual-control-modification.html) which I thought I would give a new box job while I was in there!

The mod is really useful for me as I mainly use two settings on this pedal when playing live so the channel switch swaps between the two rows of pots, effectively giving you two presets. I'd seen the JHS mod and a few other similar ones so decided to see if it was DIY-able and turned out to be the case! I can't say I enjoyed the process all that much, lots of nerve wracking desoldering, wondering if I'd destroyed the thing and then a boat load of fiddly wiring for the actual mod. To say I was relieved when it worked first time is an understatement!

Etched with NaOH/Caustic Soda/Lye and painted, really happy with how it came out in the end.

thomasha

Nice job! Modding some SMD stuff can be really challenging.
Love the multicolored etch.

Hexjibber

Quote from: thomasha on October 05, 2020, 02:19:45 AM
Nice job! Modding some SMD stuff can be really challenging.
Love the multicolored etch.

Cheers!  8) Thankfully the mod didn't require any changes to any of the SMD stuff, just desoldering pots and rewiring, still it was nerve wracking nonetheless! Won't be doing that again any time soon!  ;D

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Hexjibber

matmosphere

That's awesome man, that etch is amazing!!

mjg

Yeah, wow, that etch is superb. 

Hexjibber

Quote from: Matmosphere on October 05, 2020, 03:06:31 AM
That's awesome man, that etch is amazing!!

Quote from: mjg on October 05, 2020, 03:11:54 AM
Yeah, wow, that etch is superb. 

Thanks a lot guys, really like how this one came out in the end!  :D

gordo

DIY at it's absolute finest!!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Hexjibber

m-Kresol

best etch I have seen in some time! Love the graphics and fading colours
I really need to break out the iron again and find a project to do some etching. I have been extensively working on electrochemical Al etching the past 3 years and that actually gave me an idea about how to do enclosures without any dangerous chemicals and potentially without loosing the masking toner due to aggressive etching.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

matmosphere

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 05, 2020, 09:48:00 AM
best etch I have seen in some time! Love the graphics and fading colours
I really need to break out the iron again and find a project to do some etching. I have been extensively working on electrochemical Al etching the past 3 years and that actually gave me an idea about how to do enclosures without any dangerous chemicals and potentially without loosing the masking toner due to aggressive etching.
g

No dangerous chemicals? You have my ears. I did one project a long time ago by using a salt water tank and it electricity that worked okay, but could never repeat the results. I can't do the caustic stuff, I have asthma and I feel like I need to be careful with just solder fumes.