Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

I have one on the bench just need to source a box

good inspiration to get 'er done

jjjimi84

Quote from: LaceSensor on October 22, 2020, 07:38:48 AM
I have one on the bench just need to source a box

good inspiration to get 'er done

I recommend Hawke electronics, thats where I have been getting my hammonds from.

LaceSensor

HI
I built one of these, barely hear any real change in the rotation of the DWELL control.
Can you comment on how you find it?

I mean it sounds good but its a bit of a one trick pony in that respect.

cheers

Betty Wont

Quote from: LaceSensor on October 24, 2020, 08:46:46 AM
HI
I built one of these, barely hear any real change in the rotation of the DWELL control.

cheers
Something may be wrong with yours. Mine has full range controls and is just as versatile a fender outboard unit.

LaceSensor

Quote from: Torgoslayer on October 24, 2020, 09:53:47 AM
Quote from: LaceSensor on October 24, 2020, 08:46:46 AM
HI

cheers
Something may be wrong with yours. Mine has full range controls and is just as versatile a fender outboard unit.

It all works there just not much difference in the dwell

All the other controls do quite a lot

I've watched some videos of original units ands its probably correct
Seems the other controls especially the blend has the biggest impact on the sound output of the unit

LaceSensor

to be fair watching OPs video its clear you need the blend below 9 oclock to really bring the reverb back from splashiness
So I think mine is working as expected, FTW

jjjimi84

Quote from: LaceSensor on October 24, 2020, 11:59:24 AM
to be fair watching OPs video its clear you need the blend below 9 oclock to really bring the reverb back from splashiness

Yeah its super splashy and I have the smaller tank also. For me i keep the level around 12 or 1 oclock and then every other control almost off. I will eventually look into mods to lessen the verb when I have more time.

Betty Wont

Quote from: jjjimi84 on October 24, 2020, 04:00:29 PM

Yeah its super splashy and I have the smaller tank also. For me i keep the level around 12 or 1 oclock and then every other control almost off. I will eventually look into mods to lessen the verb when I have more time.
Hrm. Mine is super splashy and drippy when cranked (I play surf so that's a plus), but I can can dial it all the way out, and get a subtle built-in type reverb below noon.
I used the long tank.

Thewintersoldier

Mine can get splashy really above 10 o'clock or so on the dwell knob but I think I really depends on the amp settings that its running into. On my blackface set clean with headroom to spare to will be less splashy I find. Run it into my tweed that is naturally more mid focused, compressed and lower headroom and it gets dripping faster. And I'm like dan in that I keep the volume around 12-1 o'clock.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Aentons

Great build and it sounds great.!

I do have a nit to pic about describing reverb "drip". I see the term used alot but it's one of those things that you have to hear to really know what it is and that "it is a very mysterious and powerful device ...and it's mystery is only exceeded by it's power."

Let's all become one with the Drip...

LaceSensor

Quote from: Torgoslayer on October 24, 2020, 05:25:12 PM
Quote from: jjjimi84 on October 24, 2020, 04:00:29 PM
wondering we all did differently then. Can you confirm the potentiometer values you used for the various controls, especially the DWELL?

thanks

Hrm. Mine is super splashy and drippy when cranked (I play surf so that's a plus), but I can can dial it all the way out, and get a subtle built-in type reverb below noon.
I used the long tank.

LaceSensor

HI

I found out I made an error, hence the dwell control wasnt working right

I had R10 as 390r not 392k
Changed to right value, boom, working perfect.

cheers

Betty Wont

Quote from: LaceSensor on October 29, 2020, 08:21:43 AM
HI

cheers
Sweet! I'm glad you got it sorted. enjoy!

jjjimi84

Quote from: LaceSensor on October 29, 2020, 08:21:43 AM
HI

cheers

Awesome! What do you think of it?

LaceSensor