News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MBP Pigbutt

Started by Thewintersoldier, October 18, 2020, 06:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

While I'm waiting for parts to come in for a big build I decided to do a small build to tie me over. I had everything to build an op amp muff so I ordered a board from Brian and let the solder flow. I have had quite a few bmp pedals over the years and built 4 different variants myself but admittedly I have never had an opamp muff. Man this thing rips and is a lot of fun. I find it a little less versatile than transistor muffs, but I love the grind out of it. It reminds me of a scooped rat with an attitude. The Merc with a mouth dons the enclosure and he's got a thing for IC muffs of the large variety.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

I love it. That is a great sounding muff. I need to build another one, I sold mine several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Very nice build, i love the ic in the heart what a great idea!

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on October 18, 2020, 07:28:49 AM
Very nice build, i love the ic in the heart what a great idea!
Daaaamn I didn't even notice that! Nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

As alway, great stuff man. The IC in the graphic is a great touch.

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys, most makers of an opamp muff call it an opamp muff, or something smashing pumpkins related. I wanted to be subtle and chose this deadpool graphic for that purpose. Im building one more muff to  round out a three pedal muff series I'm working on.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?