News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Glasshole question.

Started by vizcities, October 28, 2020, 04:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vizcities

So: I just built two Glassholes using roughly similar components. However, one is the platonic ideal of a Phasor II - even LED waves, great Boredoms-y overtones, etc. - while the other has a loping/inconsistent LED waveform &, in general, a lot more dry signal. Any sense of what could be causing these latter issues? My IC voltages for the imperfect one are very close to Bean's doc measurements, so that's not the issue. And the components are, as I said, very similar, with the following minor differences:

* Used a number of 1/4W resistors on the good build, but 1/8W on the iffy one. (Note: I measured all resistors before soldering & none were out of spec.)

* Used a 2K trimmer (at minimum brightness) for TR2 on the good build, but a 1K on the iffy one.

Beyond that, both builds incorporate the R46/D9 fix & have a yellow LED in D2. Again: any ideas?

jimilee

Do your voltages match and do you check your components to make sure there weren't any tired eyes mistakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

I don't see why the different components would cause any sort of problem. Is there any chance you installed the trimpots incorrectly? What I mean is, you're sure you have a 10k in T1 and the 1k in T2? That could certainly cause the problem you are describing of asymmetrical waveform.

Maybe a pic of your second build focused on the LFO area would help.