News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FET microphone (K12) video build diary

Started by midwayfair, October 30, 2020, 06:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Thought I'd do something a little different -- a microphone video build diary. It's not quite a build report and not quite a tutorial, but if anyone here is curious about what goes into making a microphone, or just wants to know how they work, it's worth a watch. I go through the schematic and most of the work that needs to be done start to finish, and then conclude with a demo on voice and guitar.

danfrank

Hi, that looks really interesting! I don't know if it's my phone or there's something up with the video but the sound cuts out about a quarter of the way into the video.

midwayfair

Quote from: danfrank on October 30, 2020, 07:10:54 PM
Hi, that looks really interesting! I don't know if it's my phone or there's something up with the video but the sound cuts out about a quarter of the way into the video.

Shoot, that's weird. The sound worked in the individual videos but apparently cut out while I was doing the schematic review. I'll set these to private and then redo that one.

midwayfair

Reuploaded the first video, doubled checked the others. Thanks for the quick catch!

danfrank

Thank you, I look forward to watching these. Now I know what I can use all these surplus NOS U47 capsules I have... Lol!

rockola

Watched the first part, looking forward to watching the rest. Really liked the explanation of how different ways of connecting the backplate result in different patterns.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

midwayfair

Paint's dry! I have mixed feelings about spray painting the brass, but I wanted it to look different from the 47-style builds.