News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Good luck America.

Started by Willybomb, November 02, 2020, 08:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Don't normally post political stuff, but good luck with the election guys. 

davent

Quote from: Willybomb on November 02, 2020, 08:53:06 PM
Don't normally post political stuff, but good luck with the election guys.

What goes down in the USA affects all us outsiders whether we like it or not... good luck on many fronts.
dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

thesmokingman

It has been miserable, just looking to a conclusion at this point ...
My early voting experience included demonstrators clogging the sidewalks and parking lots of the polling location with endless horn honking of support coming from the street. Demonstrators were waving their candidate's campaign flags, Confederate battle flags, with a few Gadsden flags mixed in. Oddly missing was the American flag.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

somnif

I'm glad my early voting experience was fairly painless (other than wrist strain from filling in the bubbles for 49 judges).

Didn't want to mail it in, so, drove to city hall and dropped it off. About 5 minutes to get there, about 2 minutes to figure out where the box was (in a sub-basement, apparently the county recorder doesn't get to see daylight), and about 10 minutes trying to get out of the parking lot. Yay rush hour.

Took about 2 days to get confirmed as received, and a day further to get the signature verified.

Aaaand tomorrow I get to put the sticker on. Huzzah.

EBK

My nerves are shot.  I am exhausted.  Voted early in person about a week ago.  Hiding inside today.  I have never feared that a US election may result in violence until this year. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: EBK on November 03, 2020, 03:49:35 AM
I have never feared that a US election may result in violence until this year.
I don't like to speak politics as it is too touchy of a subject however, THIS^^^ is truely a sad thing. It is shameful that people have to live like this. Worried about possible violence after an election. Businesses in cities all around the country are boarding up their properties in anticipation of this. Truely shameful that grown ups cannot control their actions and act accordingly. Peaceful protest is something that should be had if you disagree with results and that is what we are being told al the time. "They are all peaceful protestors" however, the reactions from the community expose the hypocrisy. They all know that there are those who will cause mayhem and destruction. So sad!

madbean

I had a really pleasant (early) voting experience. Nice day, only waited about 45 minutes, talked to the lady in front of me (not about politics). There was a goofball in line wearing a QAnon t-shit and I wondered if they might not let him in (I guess it's debatable whether or not that constitutes a political display which you are not supposed to do in a voting line) but no one bothered him. No yelling, confrontations, or any of that nonsense. Hendersonville is really conservative but mostly pretty chill. I guess we'll see if that holds after today however things go.

Also, let's not get too far into the weeds with this discussion. At least not yet.

LaceSensor

Sadly I can only perceive that it will end in violence.

Personally I hope Biden wins,  I think it will be extremely intriguing whether the trojan horse theory works out.

matmosphere

I mailed in my ballot from overseas a while back. Did eventually get confirmation it was received. We were a little worried for a while that there wouldn't be any outgoing mail, because it's been spotty since April, but it worked out.

It would be sad to see any violence come of this. I really hope it doesn't come to that. I'm way ahead of the states as far as time so I'm going to be checking the news first thing in the morning.

harryklippton

I dropped my ballot off at the drop box a few weeks ago. It was pretty uneventful and I'm fine with that.

jimilee

Quote from: Matmosphere on November 03, 2020, 06:16:28 AM
.......I'm way ahead of the states as far as time so I'm going to be checking the news first thing in the morning.
Are you from the future, will you know before we do???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jimilee on November 03, 2020, 07:54:50 AM
Quote from: Matmosphere on November 03, 2020, 06:16:28 AM
.......I'm way ahead of the states as far as time so I'm going to be checking the news first thing in the morning.
Are you from the future, will you know before we do???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but, this made me laugh WAYY too hard  ;D

m-Kresol

As dave said, this vote affects everyone, also outside the US, and I have been following with some interest.
I hope everyone can cast their vote in a fair and orderly manner without fear of Covid, annoying or even aggressive protestors/enthusiasts of either party or riots in the aftermath. One thing I can actually agree with Trump is his "vote, vote, vote" message he's putting out over the last weeks. I think that the possibility to vote and to be able to rely on fair results should be taken as a civic duty, if that's the right term. Still far too many places where this is not the usual thing.
it's also gonna be the first thing I'm checking tomorrow morning.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Aentons

I voted in person today. Just a mere hour and 45 min wait.

aion

Quote from: Aentons on November 03, 2020, 12:07:47 PM
I voted in person today. Just a mere hour and 45 min wait.

Me too, but we were lucky to be in and out in about 15 minutes! Would have waited all day if I had to, though.