Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PCB Layout tutorial

Started by add4, December 03, 2011, 01:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

add4

Thanks for this Jacob!
Now i know that :
you're trying to do the same thing as i do with the same method... i just happen to get lots in the 'when you're out of solutions, try more and more until you find something that works' part :)
i guess that's called experience :p
Any other ideas?

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

jkokura

Quote from: add4 on December 06, 2011, 04:47:01 AM
you're trying to do the same thing as i do with the same method... i just happen to get lots in the 'when you're out of solutions, try more and more until you find something that works' part :)
Any other ideas?

It sounds to me more like you're trying to do the same thing as I am and you're not succeeding. I have a few projects I can't make work, but for the most part I make my layouts work out. Perhaps it's experience, but truthfully I learned by copying other peoples working layouts, seeing how they worked, and then also sending other people my projects I was working on when I got stuck. Brian helped me out a couple times, offering advice or tips, or even helping me finish. What was interesting was that when Brian would help me out with a problem, or offer a suggestion, I would often integrate that but make an even better/tighter more efficient layout that in my mind superseded the one I would have gotten from him.

Sometimes another set of eyes or a coach will help us move past our problems. If you want coaching, I will help you. If you just want another set of eyes, there are lots of people here to help you out.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

add4

Thanks a lot for that proposition, i started copying some of brian's layout for as exercises, indeed. it seemed like the best learning process for me. take something easy, see how an experience guy does it, learn. maybe reuse parts or blocks or solutions on another circuit.
I will work more on some layouts i have and i will gladly ask your advices when i'll get stuck! thanks a million for your proposition :)
I have posted my two first completed layouts on the eagle thread, for revision/advice from other people a few weeks ago, but haven't got any opinion on them so far, feel free to be the first to comment them if you want :)

Quote from: jkokura on December 06, 2011, 06:40:41 AM
Quote from: add4 on December 06, 2011, 04:47:01 AM
Any other ideas?

It sounds to me more like you're trying to do the same thing as I am and you're not succeeding. I have a few projects I can't make work, but for the most part I make my layouts work out. Perhaps it's experience, but truthfully I learned by copying other peoples working layouts, seeing how they worked, and then also sending other people my projects I was working on when I got stuck. Brian helped me out a couple times, offering advice or tips, or even helping me finish. What was interesting was that when Brian would help me out with a problem, or offer a suggestion, I would often integrate that but make an even better/tighter more efficient layout that in my mind superseded the one I would have gotten from him.

Sometimes another set of eyes or a coach will help us move past our problems. If you want coaching, I will help you. If you just want another set of eyes, there are lots of people here to help you out.

Jacob